2004 RT value ?

Dermot.B

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
This is an odd ball question, A friend of mine has an RT 2004 with 4850 miles on it and has decided to sell it, has anyone an idea of it's value ? the thing is hardly used the fuel level and gear indicator is not working but otherwise in mint condition. Asking here as it's on Irish plates but was originally an English bike imported about 10 years ago.

The low mileage wouldn’t sway me. Fuel level is a common problem. Not unheard of for gear indacator to go as well. Servo ABS or not? If mint the prospective customer is going to be courious about the non working stuff and then question mileage. Is there a service history and have any recalls been done? JJH

Regardless of mileage would say £2.5 k with those bits not working.

I don't think there are many extras , it has the panniers and top box an intercom and a battery charger and ABS, it drives like brand new big bus wouldn't be my cup of tea feels substantially bigger than the GS. As regards service history I know it gets regular oil changes but with 4850 miles not sure what else would have been done, it is still on the original tyres. He has asked me to sell it for him I will stick it on adverts or something similar hence why looking for an idea of its value, I haven't taken any photos yet.

I’d say around €3000 mark. Tyers will need replacing anyway. It would need to have had regular brake fluid changes. There was a few up dates and recalls on that model if my memory is correct. I had a early 1200 in RT and gs flavor but I can’t remember all the work that was carried out. Try selling on here. JJH

I assume is the 1150 twin spark, I had the servo model. Never had a problem, oil change was crucial for the servo. With the full Remus it was different. Size wise the GSA was bigger, the RT was narrower. Lovely bike, looked better than the 2005 or the latest.
I still have the headlamp and side lights protectors if somebody wants them.
Advertising in here https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/cat/15/ is free and you get a wider audience. Sold my RT in a few days to a German gentleman.
Mine looked like this:thumb2

Attachments

• 46131C98-BB0B-43FB-8A83-F5FB4A1E17A5.jpeg
    46131C98-BB0B-43FB-8A83-F5FB4A1E17A5.jpeg
    229.9 KB · Views: 110
I had assumed it was a 1200. Silly me. I can’t see it been worth €3000. Prove me wrong. JJH

Back
Top Bottom