Auxiliary Lights?

lebowski

Reaction score
Getting close to ordering a 1290 S and looking at the options list.....

Has anyone fitted the auxiliary light kit and if so was it a worthwhile investment?

Thanks

:)

For me....yes, a worthwhile investment.

I went for the OEM & whilst expensive (did get a cheeky discount), they are very good & I have the dealer warranty to cover me :D

Yes, although I got mine off here second hand. They are plug & play and I like them especially as daylight running lights.

Thanks Gents....

I take it they're activated by a separate switch, where is that usually mounted on a 1290 SA-S?

It's mounted on the LHS of the cockpit surround, in front of the emergency keyfob sensor.

It's mounted on the LHS of the cockpit surround, in front of the emergency keyfob sensor.

Thanks for replying, sorry not sure exactly where that is and google doesn't seem to have any images of that area....

Does anyone have a pic they can share please?

Thanks for replying, sorry not sure exactly where that is and google doesn't seem to have any images of that area....

Does anyone have a pic they can share please?

Not the best picture, but hope it gives you an idea...aux light switch is in the bottom left hand corner of the picture.

b0e7c23c51370f849c876a92841c69d5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for doing that Bounce, you're a star.

Unfortunately it's a 1290 S I'm poised to spend the budget of a small country on, so it's a different cockpit.

I think after what everyone has said here and other sites, the lights are a good idea, especially around these parts, but being anally retentive I don't want whoever preps the bike sticking a bloody great switch somewhere that'll annoy me forever! (Yep, I know I am....)

Thanks again.

I don't have a photo but if you go to the KTM site, select the 1290 SAS model, then Ergonomics & Comfort, scroll down to the Supplementary Headlight Kit, click on Read More and scroll down to the Download Product Manuals.
The pdf shows the installation sequence and there is an (not very big) image of where the switch is installed.

Thanks again Moose, really kind of you to go to that much trouble, much appreciated.

Looks a bit of a carbuncle and not exactly accessible, surely the better option would've been to link them into the menu...?

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom