Sena 20s beeping!

Chunkstar

Reaction score
My wife's intercom keeps beeping in her ear and it is driving her potty! It never used to do it when she used to ride pillion, but now she has her own bike we find that she keeps getting a beep in her ear. It is not because of the distance between us as it does it when we are just a few metres apart (and it is a different beep for that) sometimes it does just one double beep and some times it will do two double beeps and sometimes 3! Any ideas?

Mine did this when connected to GPS (Zumo 660) whenever I went over the speed limit. Soon disabled that!! 😀

There was a firmware update for the 20S last year because of known issues , if it has that already installed I would try a factory reset

Wife's as far as I know isn't connected to anything (that's not to say that she hasn't pressed the buttons unwittingly and managed to connect it to something!) but have carried out a reset to see if that resolves it. Mine has beeped if we are out of range but only then (and that is a different type of beep)

No will check and see (would gps bluetooth have that range?) tomorrow but did factory reset tonight so let's see
Thanks for your suggestions.
Just so annoying as if pillion don't do it and dosnt do it all the time.

If both intercoms are the same, trying swopping them to see if you hear the sound when you are using your wife's set, and if she still hears it when using your's. This may help to indicate if one set if faulted

beeps can be when the sena has been paired/connected to another device which is now out of range, and tells you the sena is trying to reconnect, maybe this sena was previously connected to something on your bike or a music player, perhaps? a reset will clear all existing pairings

I've just set up my sena 20s Evo. Mine bleeps. But Im sure, suspected it was the speed warning. Mine is connected to the TFT, which in turn is connected to the BMW connected app, which has the navigation.
I did briefly look at the settings to see if it could be turned off. But couldn't see anything. So ill be following this thread closely !

No issues with beeping, but the microphones are too sensitive to background noise and thinks we’re talking on intercom when we’re not. As well as each of us hearing the others wind noise over the speakers, it fades the music right down if you’re listening to music.

Any ideas if this can be adjusted? Or to I need to read the full manual?

Yes, you can adjust it ...
High, medium and low sensitivity.

How? I’ve just scanned through the manual and can’t see how... nothing in the configuration menu that I can see.

Am I being more dense than usual?

Try these.

Attachments

• interom.png
    interom.png
    103.4 KB · Views: 510
  • r.png
    r.png
    65.4 KB · Views: 515

Back
Top Bottom