Nav V battery

scooter paul

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’ve tried a search but not quite found the answer. My 4 year old Nav V will not take a full charge when connected to a USB port or direct to the mains via an Apple I phone socket. This is despite leaving it for more than a day connected. It does fully charge in the bike cradle though. I’ve got a trip coming up and can’t risk a failure. Worth risking it seeing it is charging or buy a new battery?

Sounds like a connection prob.

Charge in the cradle and do a hard-switch off at the end of each day.

I’ve got a trip coming up and can’t risk a failure. Worth risking it seeing it is charging or buy a new battery?

You seem to have answered your own question. If you want to chance it, do it. If you don’t, don’t.

Look at it another way. If the device fails, are you stuck?

If it fully charges on the bike, then it looks as though the chargers you are using off-bike do not deliver sufficient power. If you look closely at the chargers you see the output power on the spec panel. Look for one that delivers 2.0 amps. Laptop USBs are often limited to 0.5A, and many phone chargers are 0.5 or 1.0 A. Having said that, if the Nav V fully charges on the bike, is there anything to be concerned about? I think the Nav V will work for up to 4 hrs on it's battery which should be plenty of time for last-minute route planning in the bar.

Back
Top Bottom