rear crown bearing play r1150gsa se

Deleted account 220427001

Reaction score
Hi all my 16 k miles bike low mileage I know not used in 4 years going abroad in july I noticed slight play in the rear drive is it allowed for slight play ? if not what's best crown bearing to use etc plus need to mot the bike before I use it again , thought I ask the experts here . thankyou .

Are you sure its the big bearing in the rear drive, and not play in either the front or rear paralever bearings?

If it's the paralever bearings then you might get away adjusting them. But odds are they're a mess in there and need cleaning if not replacing.

I think there's a sticky from Steptoe explaining how to check if it's the big bearing or the paralever (or both :)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Jfyi I paid an expert to do my final drive bearings as advised , turned out to be paralever bearings which I did myself in end , as it is I have a spare final drive from a 2005 gsa which I bought from Sherlock’s as a spare now no longer required if interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If there's still play while holding the rear brake on then it's paralever bearings as the pads will clamp the disc to stop crown bearing movement...there might even be play in both the crown and paralever bearings though.
Sherlock's paralever bearings are a good bit cheaper but Motorworks can do a price match.

Back
Top Bottom