Soundbomb on the way

If you push the horn a little forward, does it still touch the brake line, and does it clear the forks, I brought my cable from the other side so I doubt I will have to cable tie to the brake line, maybe a little tie on the beak.

Touches the forks if brought forward. Might have another look today though

Mine scheduled for Monday delivery now, so can only say something more then on the fitting.

Have you gone for the same one, which doesn't appear to be quite the ideal fit, or is yours the mini version?

I've not read all the posts in this thread, but recently fitted a SB Compact using the NN bracket - easy, and there's clearance all round if you set the bracket correctly - just move it through an up down plane and it will clear.

I sent back a SB Split as it was hard to find a good fit for the horn part.

The vid from RiderCam is exactly how I found the job to be.

Losing the wires is easily the hardest bit.

And it's fookin loud :thumb.

I've not read all the posts in this thread, but recently fitted a SB Compact using the NN bracket - easy, and there's clearance all round if you set the bracket correctly - just move it through an up down plane and it will clear.

I sent back a SB Split as it was hard to find a good fit for the horn part.

The vid from RiderCam is exactly how I found the job to be.

Losing the wires is easily the hardest bit.

And it's fookin loud :thumb.

Ta for that, I can only imagine that it has been tried and tested, and is only a placing problem..........I can see the clearance in the video as stated by the OP.

Has anyone noticed that the horn on the latest 2018 GS is considerably louder and deeper than on the previous LC's

Well that has put a damper on my soundbomb, bracket will not fit due to the centre bar that holds the Wunderlich tank bars, bracket cannot go high enough, and even then the damn thing would like Fred says rub on the brake lines.

Well that has put a damper on my soundbomb, bracket will not fit due to the centre bar that holds the Wunderlich tank bars, bracket cannot go high enough, and even then the damn thing would like Fred says rub on the brake lines.

Just making a little bracket now to get around this, will post a few pics when finished..............later

Smogbob - I'll have to check, but didn't noticed an inline fuse as part of the wiring kit - and I can't see on in the picture either. I can see one in this picture

http://www.orionmotorsindia.com/denali-soundbomb-plug-play-wiring-harness.html

Does your kit come with one?

You can see the description better in this link.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/plug-n-play-wiring-kit-for-stebel-compact-nautilus-airhorns

Easy and inexpensive Plug-N-Play wiring kit for Denali SoundBomb Compact Dual-Tone Air Horn & Stebel Air Horn that does not require any cutting, soldering, slicing or crimping as long as the original horn has blade-style electrical connections. Clip one lead to your original horn trigger wire, one lead to battery ground, one lead to battery positive, and plug in your horn's relay.

If the original horn does not have blade-style electrical connections, the original horn connector needs to be removed and replaced with female spade connectors in order to use this harness. If your BMW does not have spade connectors please order the DENALI wiring adapter for BMW motorcycles (in the drop down menu above) to avoid modifying your wiring harness.

For use with Stebel Air Horn & Denali SoundBomb Compact Dual-Tone Air Horn, but can also be used with other replacement horns.

Features:

No cutting, soldering or crimping for application with blade style horn connections
Extra connections for custom applications
5.5ft harness length
30amp Mini inline fuse
Inline relay socket
Protective vinyl sheath
Weather resistant

Includes:

Complete Harness with inline fuse and relay plug as well as pre-connected ring terminals and female blade connections
2 posi-tap inline wire connectors for custom applications
2 male blade crimp on connectors for custom applications
2 female blade crimp on connectors for custom applications
4 wire zip ties
30amp Mini Fuse for pre-connected inline fuse holder

Fits:

Motorcycles with blade style horn wire connections

Please Note: A 5 Pin relay is not included with this kit. A relay is provided with the purchase of a DENALI SoundBomb Compact & Split horn. If using this harness with another horn, please use this 5 pin relay.

Touches the forks if brought forward. Might have another look today though

Was able to see today Fred, you need to push your horn all the way back, and the cable threads through the middle like in your picture, I am going to have to make a bracket with an extra 2 cms lower where it bolts to the head, as I have a bracket there, for the bars, otherwise seems pretty straight forward.

You can see the description better in this link.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/plug-n-play-wiring-kit-for-stebel-compact-nautilus-airhorns

Easy and inexpensive Plug-N-Play wiring kit for Denali SoundBomb Compact Dual-Tone Air Horn & Stebel Air Horn that does not require any cutting, soldering, slicing or crimping as long as the original horn has blade-style electrical connections. Clip one lead to your original horn trigger wire, one lead to battery ground, one lead to battery positive, and plug in your horn's relay.

If the original horn does not have blade-style electrical connections, the original horn connector needs to be removed and replaced with female spade connectors in order to use this harness. If your BMW does not have spade connectors please order the DENALI wiring adapter for BMW motorcycles (in the drop down menu above) to avoid modifying your wiring harness.

For use with Stebel Air Horn & Denali SoundBomb Compact Dual-Tone Air Horn, but can also be used with other replacement horns.

Features:

No cutting, soldering or crimping for application with blade style horn connections
Extra connections for custom applications
5.5ft harness length
30amp Mini inline fuse
Inline relay socket
Protective vinyl sheath
Weather resistant

Includes:

Complete Harness with inline fuse and relay plug as well as pre-connected ring terminals and female blade connections
2 posi-tap inline wire connectors for custom applications
2 male blade crimp on connectors for custom applications
2 female blade crimp on connectors for custom applications
4 wire zip ties
30amp Mini Fuse for pre-connected inline fuse holder

Fits:

Motorcycles with blade style horn wire connections

Please Note: A 5 Pin relay is not included with this kit. A relay is provided with the purchase of a DENALI SoundBomb Compact & Split horn. If using this harness with another horn, please use this 5 pin relay.

Ah okay, looks like my kit came up short. Don't fancy tackling this through NNs so will write to Twisted Throttle and see what response I get. Wonder what it means by "pre-connected" inline fuse holder?

Ah okay, looks like my kit came up short. Don't fancy tackling this through NNs so will write to Twisted Throttle and see what response I get. Wonder what it means by "pre-connected" inline fuse holder?

NN,s are fine I got my gear from them, I ordered 2 brackets by mistake, emailed, answered back within the hour, to send back for a refund, what else can you ask for, have you had problems with them..............???????

Back
Top Bottom