Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Helmet with built in comms?

Can anybody recommended me a helmet that has built in comms

Many thanks

Mike.
    Our holiday apartment for rental - tossers especially welcome
    http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p492008

New Neotec 2 then get the Sena SRL kit which is designed specifically to integrate with the Neotec.

The Nexx X.D1 is equipped to accomodate the NEXX helmets X-COM communication system (sold seperately) as is the new Nexx X-Wed 2

X.D1 is the old model.
    Out on the floor - K.T.F.

i've been really disappointed with the SCHUBERTH C3 Pro and have stopped using it, despite the investment in SRC collar (now seperseded by C4 - which seems to get equally disappointing reviews.

Shoei's don't fit me well, I seem to come between sizes.

BMW system helmets were always my helmet of choice, but they changed their manufacturer for the latest variant from schuberth (chinese supplier I think ?), so havent looked closely at that.

I've gone back to using a normal non-flip Arai with a Cardo Scala Q1 mounted and windjammer to cut the wind noise.

RBW.

P.S. I have a Schuberth SRC collar for sale if you go that route
    "The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better" - W1A

Schuberth E1 with Sena 10u works really well for me.

I believe the new BMW System 7 is made by AGV (rumour) and if you look at the new AGV Modular flip front it looks amazingly similar (on Motolegends). The Sys7 is available with inbuilt Comms but of course it only connects to other BMW comms which means about £1800 for 2 helmets with comms of course. According to my dealer parts man it also suffers with similar connectivity issues to the TFT screen!

Funny you should say that, I was looking at the carbon AGV flip in sportsbikeshop.co.uk earlier in the week and it was lovely and incredibly light. Seemed to fit me well too.

When you mention BMW comms connectivity issues, should that affect connectivity to Satnav and phone, or just rider to pillion/other rider ? (I dont care about rider to rider or pillion, just having my Garmin 590 and Iphone connected.)

RBW.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmaslen View Post
    I believe the new BMW System 7 is made by AGV (rumour) and if you look at the new AGV Modular flip front it looks amazingly similar (on Motolegends). The Sys7 is available with inbuilt Comms but of course it only connects to other BMW comms which means about £1800 for 2 helmets with comms of course. According to my dealer parts man it also suffers with similar connectivity issues to the TFT screen!
    "The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better" - W1A

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow-walker View Post
    Funny you should say that, I was looking at the carbon AGV flip in sportsbikeshop.co.uk earlier in the week and it was lovely and incredibly light. Seemed to fit me well too.

When you mention BMW comms connectivity issues, should that affect connectivity to Satnav and phone, or just rider to pillion/other rider ? (I dont care about rider to rider or pillion, just having my Garmin 590 and Iphone connected.)

RBW.
    I would be interested in the answer to this question too, I already have the System 7 , but have been holding off buying the comms kit, mainly because it wasn't available until recently, but also because it is untested!.

I like the AGV Sports Modular but so far there is no dedicated comms for it. I have been told that they are working on it.

Tom

Helmet with built in comms?

I have the pre-2018 Neotec with a Sena 10U built in. It’s crap - the Sena bit. Don’t bother.

I had heard that the BMW 7 was made by LS2... I think maybe they make AGV too

Many thanks all.

Been and tested a Schuberth C4, I found it very noisy with poor sound quality.

The new bmw can not be paired to my wife's comms so that's out.

Also had a look at a Nolan buts that's very heavy and did not have one in my size.

Not sure about a adventure bike helmet.

Will keep looking

Our holiday apartment for rental - tossers especially welcome
    http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p492008