Helmet with built in comms?

i've been really disappointed with the SCHUBERTH C3 Pro and have stopped using it, despite the investment in SRC collar (now seperseded by C4 - which seems to get equally disappointing reviews.

Shoei's don't fit me well, I seem to come between sizes.

BMW system helmets were always my helmet of choice, but they changed their manufacturer for the latest variant from schuberth (chinese supplier I think ?), so havent looked closely at that.

I've gone back to using a normal non-flip Arai with a Cardo Scala Q1 mounted and windjammer to cut the wind noise.

RBW.

P.S. I have a Schuberth SRC collar for sale if you go that route :D

I believe the new BMW System 7 is made by AGV (rumour) and if you look at the new AGV Modular flip front it looks amazingly similar (on Motolegends). The Sys7 is available with inbuilt Comms but of course it only connects to other BMW comms which means about £1800 for 2 helmets with comms of course. According to my dealer parts man it also suffers with similar connectivity issues to the TFT screen!

Funny you should say that, I was looking at the carbon AGV flip in sportsbikeshop.co.uk earlier in the week and it was lovely and incredibly light. Seemed to fit me well too.

When you mention BMW comms connectivity issues, should that affect connectivity to Satnav and phone, or just rider to pillion/other rider ? (I dont care about rider to rider or pillion, just having my Garmin 590 and Iphone connected.)

RBW.

I believe the new BMW System 7 is made by AGV (rumour) and if you look at the new AGV Modular flip front it looks amazingly similar (on Motolegends). The Sys7 is available with inbuilt Comms but of course it only connects to other BMW comms which means about £1800 for 2 helmets with comms of course. According to my dealer parts man it also suffers with similar connectivity issues to the TFT screen!

Funny you should say that, I was looking at the carbon AGV flip in sportsbikeshop.co.uk earlier in the week and it was lovely and incredibly light. Seemed to fit me well too.

When you mention BMW comms connectivity issues, should that affect connectivity to Satnav and phone, or just rider to pillion/other rider ? (I dont care about rider to rider or pillion, just having my Garmin 590 and Iphone connected.)

RBW.

I would be interested in the answer to this question too, I already have the System 7 , but have been holding off buying the comms kit, mainly because it wasn't available until recently, but also because it is untested!.

I like the AGV Sports Modular but so far there is no dedicated comms for it. I have been told that they are working on it.

Tom

I have the pre-2018 Neotec with a Sena 10U built in. It’s crap - the Sena bit. Don’t bother.

I had heard that the BMW 7 was made by LS2... I think :blast maybe they make AGV too

Many thanks all.

Been and tested a Schuberth C4, I found it very noisy with poor sound quality.

The new bmw can not be paired to my wife's comms so that's out.

Also had a look at a Nolan buts that's very heavy and did not have one in my size.

Not sure about a adventure bike helmet.

Will keep looking

New Neotec 2 then get the Sena SRL kit which is designed specifically to integrate with the Neotec.

Have you got this specific set up and does it work well if I want to listen to music using Spotify on my phone?

Have you got this specific set up and does it work well if I want to listen to music using Spotify on my phone?

Yup. Works a treat .
Much better than Schuberth C4/SC1 as will go much louder so can use with earplugs .The voice commands also work very well .
Impressed so far .

Yup. Works a treat .
Much better than Schuberth C4/SC1 as will go much louder so can use with earplugs .The voice commands also work very well .
Impressed so far .

You’ve probably gathered that I’m a man of simple tastes so if I can ride at 75-80mph, listen to whatever happens to be on my latest playlist, disregard the satnav and occasionally tell someone who has the temerity to call me when I’m on holiday that I’ll catch up with them another day life will be good.

I need to be able to occasionally fob the wife off when she wants to stop so bike to bike comms will help as will be being able to buy additional sets for different crash helmets so I can buy for one to my Arai Trail X4 or my bad MF open faced helmet when I go retro on my Norton.

There all helmets with additional comms

the OP wants a helmet with built in comms

the only one i know is the Viper RSV17- built in bluetooth & speakers etc

I had the previous model, it was good, but looked tired after 3 years of constant use.

Bluetooth module runs rings round the lower end Senns units in term of battery life

The Neotec 2 does have built in comms when fitted with the SRL kit.
It’s not sat on the outside like Packtalks etc.
Ok,it takes 10 minutes to install but the Neotec is especially designed to take the kit and has channels/slots for everything so it’s very well done.

I guess they could charge you £750 all in but at least you can buy the helmet and use it without the comms should you so wish.

Hey Santa, missed one-
I’ve a Schuberth C4 with the built in comms module, can’t say that I’m impressed with either the lid nor the comms.
I wouldn’t buy it again despite having Schuberths previously

New Neotec 2 then get the Sena SRL kit which is designed specifically to integrate with the Neotec.

This is exactly what I've just been and purchased from J&S in Northwich though I'll not be trying it out for a couple of weeks due to being away working until the middle of next week then when I do get home we're heading off to Spa to watch the classics.

I'm already impressed by the way it all fits into the helmet with nothing sticking out there in the wind and rain so I'm going to pop into the bar for a couple of pints and some lunch while it charges then see if I can pair it to my phone and have a mess with it before snatching a couple of hours sleep before going to work. I hate nightshifts but the extra £100/shift pays for toys :D

Back
Top Bottom