Power distribution and switched power devices

KTRIC

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a 2018 1200GSA and I have two devices, 1 alarm and 1 GPS tracker that I need to wire in. They both have a cable to be connected to a switched power source to check if the bike has been powered on and their own positive and negative power cables.

Whats the best way to cable them in apart from connecting directly to the battery ? The power to the alarm is cut when the bike turns on so connecting it to the likes of a PDM60 wouldn't be a problem but with the tracker I think its pulling power all the time.

Any suggestions welcome :thumb2

How would they compare to the Hex EZCAN ?

The EZCAN is a plug and play system. Literally plug it in and connect what ever auxiliary items you have to one of the 4 configurable outputs. No switch wire required. Take a look at the website for all the details.

I have one and links to lights, horn, rear additional brake light and extra output for cameras or charging to top box outlet. I have a YT link below where I have done a couple of vlogs on these points.... may help in your decision. :beerjug:

The EZCAN is a plug and play system. Literally plug it in and connect what ever auxiliary items you have to one of the 4 configurable outputs. No switch wire required. Take a look at the website for all the details.

I have one and links to lights, horn, rear additional brake light and extra output for cameras or charging to top box outlet. I have a YT link below where I have done a couple of vlogs on these points.... may help in your decision. :beerjug:

I'm leaning like Negan towards the EZCAN, is there any suppliers in the EU for them ?

I'm leaning like Negan towards the EZCAN, is there any suppliers in the EU for them ?

I got mine from the US. Arrived and was ready for collection inside a week from date of ordering. At end of this vlog is the contact details of the people I used. https://youtu.be/yVIXikwS9N0

Also worth searching Fleabay in case someone is selling it. :beerjug:

The big win with EZCAN is that LED spots can be dimmed in daylight. I believe it will even pick up from the instruments cluster.

What would be nice is 20% (or less) as running lights with 100% when main beam is switched on. They could be set to help the weak main beam lens without dazzling the whole street when left on all of the time. 25% daylight, 10% at night, 100% when main beam is ON. That would allow the low cost narrow beam LED spot lamps to be used as daylight markers AND as functional spotlights.

Via Hex EzCan I run my Denali D1's Spots 100% day time running & 10% at night, controlled via the dash light sensor.

The horn will also activate the D1's to 100% strobe night or day

The latest firmware I can now dim or turn off the D1's via the info button, not as nice as the 1200's jog wheel thingy but a good solution for the F800 / 700 /650 twins

The big win with EZCAN is that LED spots can be dimmed in daylight. I believe it will even pick up from the instruments cluster.

What would be nice is 20% (or less) as running lights with 100% when main beam is switched on. They could be set to help the weak main beam lens without dazzling the whole street when left on all of the time. 25% daylight, 10% at night, 100% when main beam is ON. That would allow the low cost narrow beam LED spot lamps to be used as daylight markers AND as functional spotlights.

The EZcan will do this as it is in the configurable settings when linked to your laptop. I have mine set to 20% running in day, 50% at night and 100% main beam.. They will also strobe three times when you flash to pass... extremely handy for making tintops aware.

Back
Top Bottom