Android app for green lanes

Wizards-Online

Going Overground
Reaction score
Hi all

Can anyone recommend a good app to use for finding GS friendly green lanes.

I've found apps that are for cycling but don't take into account tracks etc where motorbikes are allowed or not.

I live near to Thetford forest and want to do some tracks but want to see where I can go while riding.

Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Can you get Pocket Earth on Android? That’s got public rights of way on it and you can plot routes on it. Very handy app :thumby:

Can you get Pocket Earth on Android? That’s got public rights of way on it and you can plot routes on it. Very handy app :thumby:
Doesn't look like it. Can't find it in the app store

OS maps gives you the whole country at 1:25 and 1:50 for bout £20 a year . Plot routes record routes, import and export , navigate. But as above join trf to find what's legal

Go onto your county council website , all of them should now have an online definitive rights of way map which shows all BOATS etc

Go onto your county council website , all of them should now have an online definitive rights of way map which shows all BOATS etc
Found that, but strapping my laptop to the front of my bike's not going to work.
Looking for exactly that view showing byways for all traffic and my location so I can firstly locate them and then follow them.

I use viewranger as you can buy specific squares or large areas. But just because its shown as a byway there may be a TRO on it so check out the status before riding.

Join your local TRF or find someone who really knows what's legal and what isn't :beerjug:

Good advice here.
Ride with them and record your route.
Your membership fee helps to fight lane closures, and you meet like minded folk who are keen to ride legal trails....

Back
Top Bottom