2019 model updates help

Big-G

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So I talk to me dealer today about swapping my 15 reg for a new GS in June. He tells me to wait until Sept when the new / updated model is out.
So does anyone have an idea apart from colour (I'm told red and blue options) and I'm told a generation 2 TFT screen what else there might be.
Cheers
G

Nuclear Quark drive, dark matter panniers (20 x bigger on the inside than out) heated foot pegs and never wear tyres...

I don't have a crystal ball but I would bet that 2019 the GS will finally see the long awaited power upgrade to 140-150 hp via variable intake cam timing and a little more bore and maybe the bigger TFT/GPS screen that will come on the upgraded RT.
All you have to decide if you want to get on of the last proven 125hp bikes or have the privilege to work the bugs out the new ones that have 15-25 more hp/torque...;)
Tough decision for sure as you can't go wrong either way.
If you buy the 18 I would get the Rally with sport suspension or ADV;more ground clearance and 5mm less trail for quicker steering:thumby:

A major update is unlikely to come with the changes for 19MY but is more likely to be shown at German bike show for Spring 19 release IMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I heard BMW are getting Hilltop to make the software in the ECU for the 2019 models

No you have got that wrong they will only be doing the Press bikes. Seriously, I know 'cause I believe in the power

Perhaps they will finally scrap the boxer twin set-up & go for a 1250 version of the F850GS, with a 270 deg parallel twin. Would save a fortune in production costs, but annoy the hell out of many enthusiasts.
Probably won't though, so expect VVT & maybe full liquid cooling.

Perhaps they will finally scrap the boxer twin set-up & go for a 1250 version of the F850GS, with a 270 deg parallel twin. Would save a fortune in production costs, but annoy the hell out of many enthusiasts.
Probably won't though, so expect VVT & maybe full liquid cooling.
That's a great idea

Sent from a U11

My money's on the next big change being a 1250 Boxer with variable cam timing, maybe late 2019 though rather than '18.

My money's on the next big change being a 1250 Boxer with variable cam timing, maybe late 2019 though rather than '18.

I have heard October big surprise, but I still aint changing, like Shaun gave a part of me for this one.......part of me being my Harley

@rdonson#6;I'll bet the 146hp alphatechnik VariableValveLift 17 inch wheel R1200GS is the BMW testmule for the upcoming new 2019 R1250XR...:thumby:
What a ingenious system & beautiful engineering !
Imagine the possibilities after Hilltop gets hold of the ECU...:D

He is a shit salesman. He should have sold you one there and then and then told you about next years model and got you to put a deposit down on one.

You can't get the staff these days.............

Garry you never told us what you end up doing...keeping the old one and waiting for October when BMW unveils the 150 hp R1250/1300/1400 GS and RT in Cologne or are you getting one of the last 125 hp R1200GS units getting blessed by Hilltop to make it run right because BMW does not understand the code on their own ECU's...:D If not VVL than VVT is coming and maybe new problems...For sure more tire wear & fun...:thumb
Let us know !

I'm waiting to see what the face-lift model has and then compare deals as the current bikes should start to be discounted or so I'm told.
I seem to have my cake and eat it at the moment but my gut feel is to buy the proven one and look again in three years.

Back
Top Bottom