Windy roads is sh1t on Garmin. I’m going Tom Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Compared to you getting royally lost in Europe because you didn't use it

Nutty was "living the dream" until he arrived in Calais with no map loaded and then had to phone Wapping for help. :D

Oh and I have a Nav 6 and think it's great. :)

still issues with the V1 ? There was some teething issues when the V became the V1, thought garmin had removed any bugs etc with software upgrades ! not really hd any issues with mine so far

Interesting amount of assumptions there.
Firstly, apologies if my post in this section offends you, of course you could always not be a complete cnut.
As a veteran of the Royal Signals, i can assure you that my navigation skills are far superior to the average joe, indeed i would wager that my map & compass skills far outweigh yours.
Oh and as a biker of over 30 years, my "season" appears to be a long one.
No bleating here, if you had more than a single brain cell you would see i was asking a question.

Perhaps this forum should have a new section, next to the GPS one if you like, just for smug twats like you who have nothing of any value to add. We could call it "Wanker Box" im sure you would fit right in.

For those kind enough to reply with sensible responses - thank you.

Where is the like button ? :clap:clap

I’ve flicked back and forth between the nav v and tomtom 450 and have to say if it was not for the integration into the Bike the nav v would be gone I appreciate you can load all the routes on it for your entire journey but tend to use the map and put into tomtom winding route each day and check the time it will take and that often throws up some cracking routes while traveling around Europe pretty similar to the routes we had picked on the map, have to say I find the tomtom more intuitive.
Just my 2 penny’s worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see the janitor has decided that Corporal Cliffbase’s post was feck all to do with 1200 GS water cooled motorcycles and has moved it. His piss will be on super heat and he’ll need to complain to someone.

I’ve flicked back and forth between the nav v and tomtom 450 and have to say if it was not for the integration into the Bike the nav v would be gone I appreciate you can load all the routes on it for your entire journey but tend to use the map and put into tomtom winding route each day and check the time it will take and that often throws up some cracking routes while traveling around Europe pretty similar to the routes we had picked on the map, have to say I find the tomtom more intuitive.
Just my 2 penny’s worth.

If anyone just wants a device to take them from A to D via B and C, wanting the device to chose the roads for them, then the TomTom has been the choice for several years. If bods want to do more of the route plotting themselves and remain broadly independent, go for a Garmin. It really is that simple.

That a TomTom will free the owner from the tyranny of BaseCamp (and even Mapsource) is just a bonus. That it won’t integrate with BMW’s iwheel thingy is a piss boiler but, hey, you can’t have everything.

still issues with the V1 ? There was some teething issues when the V became the V1, thought garmin had removed any bugs etc with software upgrades ! not really hd any issues with mine so far

There are few bugs with the Nav VI, nor with its unbranded Garmin sister device.

This thread is all about bods’ piss boiling frustration that the wiggly / windy routing option (where the device - not the owner - chooses what roads it’ll route the owner down) is causing lots of frustration in some quarters. They’ll no doubt vote with their feet and soon be besieging the TomTom shop; military training useful but by no means essential.

I agree with a lot of what’s been said on here, I haven’t owned a Tom Tom since the rider 1 I found it really easy to use. My mate had the Tom Tom app on his phone and the winding roads was really good. The curvy roads on the nav6 is useless but I like to plan and send via basecamp, after being a Montana user for years using the nav6 has been a different experience to say the least. I think the 395/595 series of units has a better routing/curvy road system than the nav6 which uses the older 390/590 software. I imagine the nav7 will have the later interface with the sliding rule for adventurous routing.

There are few bugs with the Nav VI, nor with its unbranded Garmin sister device.

This thread is all about bods’ piss boiling frustration that the wiggly / windy routing option (where the device - not the owner - chooses what roads it’ll route the owner down) is causing lots of frustration in some quarters. They’ll no doubt vote with their feet and soon be besieging the TomTom shop; military training useful but by no means essential.

I’d do exactly that.....if only I could find the freaking place!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d do exactly that.....if only I could find the freaking place!

You have found the GPS section, which is an encouraging start, even if it was only thanks to easy redirection from the 1200 WC department.

As to finding the shop? Corporal Cliffbase is your man. He’s been a biker for 30 years, you know.

Im not really sure what the assumption Queen of Wappings problem is, but i have clearly upset her. What a sincere shame that is doesnt bother me in the slightest.

If only there was the "Wanker Box" section, she could spend all day in there making stuff up, assuming to her hearts content, and as a bonus could offer no practical or sensible suggestions to anyone. Im sure her nipples are hardening at the very thought of it.

Hello and welcome. You’ll find lots of helpful advice in the GPS section. There’s even a bit for TomTom’s, if and when you get one to find those pesky wiggly roads.

Nav 6 winding roads...

Hello and welcome. You’ll find lots of helpful advice in the GPS section. There’s even a bit for TonTom’s, if and when you get one to find those pesky wiggly roads.

Yes. You've made your point dear, the op put this in the wrong section. I'm sure he's taken on board the massive offence this must have caused you.
Please accept my most humble apologies too for simply replying to him, instead of shunning him and his first born, and maybe the one after that.

Now back the thread......Garmin. They're a bit shit aren't they? Discuss........

Ps you've spelt Tomtom wrong. Christ what is wrong with you people?! I'm incandescent with rage, and just a little bit hard too......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom