1150 Adv right hand crash bars off?

King Rat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Trying to remove my crash bars....just one bloody 'nut' to undo now. It is right down the end of the right hand after end tube. How the hell do you get to undo it please?

I have got the tank off, but not worked out how to get the other 'paintwork' bits off yet. Need to get someone to do my silver and red and fix the corner of the tank....that's about it to get it put back together then. Hopefully before the summer is over!

I used a long extension bar on a 1/4" socket because my 1/2" socket was too wide to fit into it. It was a bit tight and I could feel the extension bar torquing on itself before the nut started to move.

I know exactly the bloody bolt you're referring to! Yes, it's s bugger because the tube won't let you get in a normal extension bar in there.

For me, I bodged up an old long box spanner with a hex head bit in one end. Then, the other end (because it was a hex 'spanner' end) I was able to put in a large Allen key and turn the whole lot. I said it was a bodge :). But it worked well and was left in the tool box.

So bodge away. Alternatively, buy a long extension bar for a 1/4" drive set. That should work too I think.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

This was my solution... A 4” extension bar and the screwdriver piece from my Halfords 1/4” socket set, plus a 6” extension bar I had separately.

Attachments

• 1EEB793C-855F-4AAF-B21E-EC063FDE6630.jpg
    1EEB793C-855F-4AAF-B21E-EC063FDE6630.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 160
This was my solution... A 4” extension bar and the screwdriver piece from my Halfords 1/4” socket set, plus a 6” extension bar I had separately.
That's the posh version of my bodge up :)

But did yours have a bolt easyjet tan an Allen bolt?

That's the posh version of my bodge up :)

But did yours have a bolt easyjet tan an Allen bolt?

I'm not quite sure what you said there, but I'm going to assume you were asking if it had an Allen bolt and the answer was, yes.

:thumb

I'm not quite sure what you said there, but I'm going to assume you were asking if it had an Allen bolt and the answer was, yes.

:thumb
Friggin auto complete. I'll put my glasses on next time.

But you understood perfectly thumb:2

I will see if I can borrow a gurt long stick from my local garage folks. Any idea what is on the inside please? As in, what kind of 'nut' am I going to be trying to undo?

I might have to file out the end of the crash bar tube to get anything down I think too. Then I can get them straightened and welded up.

I will see if I can borrow a gurt long stick from my local garage folks. Any idea what is on the inside please? As in, what kind of 'nut' am I going to be trying to undo?

I might have to file out the end of the crash bar tube to get anything down I think too. Then I can get them straightened and welded up.
It's an Allen bolt. 6mm I think

8mm allen bolt bolt - i've never had a problem using a normal 3/8ths extension bar to access the bolt.

Back
Top Bottom