Rear brake binding a little?

You were lucky. Geezer I know had the front brake on his new KTM SuperDuke GT apply itself automatically, tipped him over the bars into a ditch. When both he and the bike were finally repaired, he sold it. Before that, he had a Multistrada with keyless ignition which would start itself; once when locked away in his garage. Bologna never found out why. He's now got a new 1260 Mutlistrada which has started leaking oil... He's jinxed. Only explanation.

Paul really should not have strayed from the blue and white propeller

Do the three mike ride and note brake temperature. Unplug rear speedo sender and repeat. You will find the rear disc is all but cold.

If your brake seizes on check the master cylinder shuttle (piston) is moving. Mine seized up and jammed the brake on. Fixed with new master cylinder. Newer ones have better dirt protection that the early ones.

Do the three mike ride and note brake temperature. Unplug rear speedo sender and repeat. You will find the rear disc is all but cold.

If your brake seizes on check the master cylinder shuttle (piston) is moving. Mine seized up and jammed the brake on. Fixed with new master cylinder. Newer ones have better dirt protection that the early ones.

Tell me more... whats the speedo sender got to do with anything?... are you saying the bikes control system put a slight bit on at all times?... how would removing that change anything?

What are you calling the master cylinder?.. the one by the pedal?... its like new... TBH I dont think the bike has ever been wet :) not jamming as it pushesstraight out no problem...

So have you bought a GS LC?

Where do the three Mike,s ride to...............:nenau:nenau:nenau

All fixed.. took everything off again, cleaned up all the pins / sliders etc, re-torqued, and just done 200 miles... having got back the rear is about the same temp as the fronts... just a tad warm....
copperslip... thats the trick... actualy on the caliper sliders, there is a black covering (hope its not PTFE)... anyway... I cleaned them all in the direction of movement with some crocus paper... the black coating was coming off anyway, but one rub and it came off..... filed the front edge of the pads where they sit into the caliper to removed burrs... took the black stuff off the locating pin.. all good now...

de-linked the rear abs , fitted different master cylinder , problem gone

now refitted rr abs with new master , problem appears to be fixed.

Back
Top Bottom