Sena to BMW Comms

Wokkaman

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I read that Sent have a "Universal Bluetooth" that connects to any intercom that supports Bluetooth Hands Free Profile? Does anyone know if that really works? And if it can talk to the BMW Comms Systems in helmets?

Cheers

I read that Sent have a "Universal Bluetooth" that connects to any intercom that supports Bluetooth Hands Free Profile? Does anyone know if that really works? And if it can talk to the BMW Comms Systems in helmets?

Cheers

BMW comms are normally made by Sena

I have a sena 20s, I have managed to pair it with my mates bwm in helkemt BT thingy, and heard comms work between them in the garage were I paired them. However, out on the road never yet made them connect!!

This may well be because my mate is a technophobe who refuses to read his bwm manual in case he catches something off it (like how to connect or initiate an intercom!)
I suspect that he should be using the same steps as he would to start a phone conversation, but he doesn't want to do that either!
HTH!

Ive just posted this in watercooled....
I've just returned from a 3000 mile run to southern Spain and back. Didn't see a cloud whilst I was away, and temps up to 33C, anyway, more to the point. My 2 week old GSA Rallye performed faultlessly. Specifically the TFT. Phone, Media and Bike to bike was fantastic. No issues at all. I was happily impressed.
It did have the latest software on it when collected. I even used the TFT Nav. (I have a NAV 5) Basic as it is, It worked fine. I just opened the BMW app, clicked on the map where i wanted to go, Opened the TFT nav,and there it was, Then navigated to it.
In the seat for 12 hours a day, the phone and sena lasted all day. The bike to bike is amazing. great range and simplicity in its use.
Sena 20s Evo:thumb

So have you then tried switching back to the Nav5 for navigation or is it one or the other. Simple instructions would be most appreciated by many I’m sure.

So have you then tried switching back to the Nav5 for navigation or is it one or the other. Simple instructions would be most appreciated by many I’m sure.

Not entirely sure what you're asking here ?
I switch between Nav 5 and TFT . when navigating using the Nav 5.
There is no need to pair the Nav.

What I’m trying to work out is whether you can switch between TFT and Nav 5 without losing connection. My understanding is that I pair my intercom and phone with the TFT and my pillion with my headset, then I also pair my Nav with the intercom. Theoretically I should be ok to receive music, and phone calls and basic Nav from my phone through connected to TFT. Then switch to Nav on the go which gives me Nav instructions and intercom?

Cheers

Yes the other bluetooth thinks the sena is a mobile phone and connects.

DO NOT pair the NAV, there is absolutely no need to, It will cause conflict and make your connections unstable if able to connect at all. BMW say Either / Or. Phone to TFT, Media and calls, and Head set to TFT.
Jobs a good'n

DO NOT pair the NAV, there is absolutely no need to, It will cause conflict and make your connections unstable if able to connect at all. BMW say Either / Or. Phone to TFT, Media and calls, and Head set to TFT.
Jobs a good'n
How does that allow me to get spoken instructions from the Nav? Am I missing something?

Back
Top Bottom