Lost key.

Don't know what an 'Orange programming key' is - I certainly don't have one.

I have a single black mechanical key, but nowhere to put it. Dealer says its electronic and to place is next to the antenna. That doesn't work.

Thought most KTM,s came with the Orange key to reprogram up to 4 keys in case of a lost key.

The orange programming key must only be used for activating and deactivating!
If a black ignition key is lost or needs to be replaced, the individual black ignition keys need to be enabled or disabled using the
orange programming key. This prevents the vehicle from being operated with the lost black ignition key.
You can activate or deactivate up to four black ignition keys. Only the black ignition keys programmed during an activation proce-
dure are valid. All black ignition keys not programmed during the activation procedure are invalid, but can be reprogrammed in a
further activation procedure.
Loss of a black ignition key (additional black ignition keys are available):
The following procedure deactivates all activated black ignition keys that are not
included in the procedure.
– Press the emergency OFF switch to the position ON
– Insert the orange programming key in the ignition lock.
– Switch on the ignition by turning the orange programming key to the position ON
– Switch off the ignition by turning the orange programming key to the position OFF
– Pull out the orange programming key.
– Insert the black ignition key in the ignition lock.
– Switch on the ignition by turning the black ignition key to the position ON
401114-10
Immobilizer indicator lamp
L01453-01
lights up.
lights up.
ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
– Switch off the ignition by turning the black ignition key to the position OFF
– Remove the black ignition key.
– Switch on the ignition by turning the orange programming key to the position ON
The immobilizer indicator lamp flashes according to the number of func-
tional black ignition keys including the orange programming key. In this case,
it flashes twice.
– Switch off the ignition by turning the orange programming key to the position OFF
The lost black ignition key is deactivated.
The existing black ignition key is reactivated.
Loss of all black ignition keys (no black ignition keys are available):
This procedure is important to prevent misuse of the lost black ignition key.

401114-11
Press the emergency OFF switch to the position ON
ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
lights up.
tional black ignition keys including the orange programming key. In this case,
it flashes once since all black ignition keys are deactivated.
L01453-01
– Order a new black ignition key according to the key number on the KEYCODECARD
and activate it.
All black ignition keys are deactivated.
To activate up to three black ignition keys:
lights up.
lights up.
– If two other black ignition keys are to be activated, repeat the last steps with the
respective ignition key.
ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
– If the last black ignition key was activated, insert the orange programming key into
the ignition lock.
tional black ignition keys including the orange programming key.
Info
Activation of the ignition key is finished.
To activate four black ignition keys:
lights up.
lights up.
– If three other black ignition keys are to be activated, repeat the last steps with the
respective ignition key.
ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
Info
After the fourth black ignition key has been activated, programming is fin-
ished.

I've just blanked my mind and searched for the answer..... my spirit guide tells me its in a boot..... it's fallen and gone inside....

Check your boots please?

I am so willing it to be in a boot right now. Can you imagine?

I've just blanked my mind and searched for the answer..... my spirit guide tells me its in a boot..... it's fallen and gone inside....

Check your boots please?

...and ya gloves...or topbox/ pannier lock maybe?

Oh the kudos.

Free lunch at a restaurant of his choice was the prize for being correct.

Inside of glove or helmet ?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I don't think he's going to find it. It's God's way of punishing him for not believing and being vocal about it. 'S obvious innit.

Don't know what an 'Orange programming key' is - I certainly don't have one.

Ignore that. The Orange key is for 'keyed' bikes.

However, seeing as you seem to be having a bit of a shit day today feel free to read THIS explanation and have a laugh at my expense :D

Andres

Lots of good search tips, but gone way beyond those. Moved all the bins next to the bike, carpets up, sofas moved, tool-boxes emptied, every bag, boot, helmet and bit of bike gear searched or moved next to the bike.

Dealer still searching for a solution to get the bike to its first service on Friday. Key could take weeks apparently - has to come from Austria.

Ignore that. The Orange key is for 'keyed' bikes.

However, seeing as you seem to be having a bit of a shit day today feel free to read THIS explanation and have a laugh at my expense :D

Andres
That cheered me up. Today I decided to spend on admin and, yes days rarely get shitter.

Having a big fight with a supplier (says they didn't get a CC payment) and the CC company (who say the payment has been taken).
And trying to pay my French taxes.

That cheered me up. Today I decided to spend on admin and, yes days rarely get shitter.

Having a big fight with a supplier (says they didn't get a CC payment) and the CC company (who say the payment has been taken).
And trying to pay my French taxes.
Been problems with TSB according to BBC news. Never mind, someone somewhere is having a crapper day than you.

Not like your a balding overweight, 4' 11" tall ginger aberdonian.

See cheered you up already.

Been problems with TSB according to BBC news. Never mind, someone somewhere is having a crapper day than you.

Not like your a balding overweight, 4' 11" tall ginger aberdonian.

See cheered you up already.

Ah ha, I see you've also met Stolzy :thumb

Andres

This is what the black key is for, look at video about 2 mins into video
Aha! Some progress. Dealer told me to hold the black key next to the transmitter symbol on the dash (which is wrong) - correct place is next to the lhs fork leg as per the video. At least I can start the bloody thing now.

Cheers Smogbob :thumby:

check the boot of your car......... I'm definitely getting "boot"....

IF you rode home and parked the bike, then moved the bike - and now cant find the keys ...

Thay are in the house or garden ( on top of the wall ;) ) by the shed / garage / gate

If you have a wife and kids, they have been put away as she's fed up of clearing up after you, or the kids have eradicated the

Gorgonites, by useing the inviso ray that comes from the plipper key , sorry i mean inviso blaster of doom ;)

At least you didnt have to drag a bike 1.5 miles back from loosing you keys with the steering lock on and it kept going in circles...

And the fecking dealer's premises whom i passed on the way home, wouldnt even help until i'd stripped the lock to give him a key number ;)

Back
Top Bottom