Lost key.

stolzy

Reaction score
Fuckityfuckshitbollocks!

Came home, put the bike away. 24 hrs later no sign of the key. Had the bloody house upside down, definitely not here.

Pushed the bike around the house and garden to use it as a key-detector, but zip.

What's the procedure for getting a new key? Waiting for the dealer to get back to me- they don't seem to know.

I'm guessing ££££.

Apparently I can start the bike with the spare (non-electronic) key - but I can't seem to find anywhere to put it- dealer, likewise, doesn't seem to know.

Will it run if its more than X metres away from the bike

What I was wondering could you have dropped it at say at a cafe or garage and ridden off?

I guess what I am actually asking is, it definitely at home ??

It was in a zipped pocket and its pretty hard to miss the 'No key within range' message on the dash.

Well look for the zipped pocket...............have you got the spare Orange programming key
Don't know what an 'Orange programming key' is - I certainly don't have one.

I have a single black mechanical key, but nowhere to put it. Dealer says its electronic and to place is next to the antenna. That doesn't work.

I've just blanked my mind and searched for the answer..... my spirit guide tells me its in a boot..... it's fallen and gone inside....

Check your boots please?

Screen is just black unless there's a key in the vicinity
But how do you know ?

Walk yourself through what you did, talking out loud.

Pulled up to parking space, switched off engine, got off bike, etc etc.

Always helps, in the short term, to have one of your children present they often spot the keys before we (sorry you) find them.

I have never ever misplaced any keys, they just move of their own accord.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom