81 80GS/ST

monster-mash

Reaction score
Hello all,
my first post on here and its asking for advice hints tips etc, i'm off to have a good look at a 1981 GS that is in need of some work. Heres what i do know and that its a UK model that has had a ST front end added to it and that it turns over and all the bits are there to put it back on the road. I am in no doubt there will be a lot of headache etc but i'm use to that with my other bikes which are 70s Japanese.
I have never owned a BMW so do you have any information do's and don'ts etc
Thankyou

Welcome to the forum.

Someone will be along to help you soon. You may wish to subscribe and post something in the airhead section for a quicker more targeted response.

Try Airheads section.

Any pictures. we like those.

Oh, and welcome.

Be prepared for a bit of piss taking as it sounds from your description as a bit of a mongrel.

All in 'the best possible taste' of course.

Welcome

When the seller tells you "all the bits are there to put it back on the road" - all the bits are NEVER there.......if you can get some pics to show the condition that would help.

And beware the pedants on here - its a G/S not a GS, a similar, but in many ways very inferior animal :D

Why not post in the Airhead section? - no need to subscribe (unless you want to post pics of course)

Welcome.....lots of useful (& some not) advice will wing its way to you.....as mentioned, pictures are always helpful so subscribe & you're sorted.....:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom