Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hydration for a Pillion Passenger?

Rambler Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by boatman View Post
    Be warm down there in the summer right enough , we rode down in Sept and even that was quite hot at times . I put a small amount of cola in mine when it's very hot, makes drinking the warm water a bit more palatable

One thing I found works very well is Iced Tea, the peach one is bes; it tastes lovely when nice and cold, and actually tastes pretty good when lukewarm or warm..

Quote Originally Posted by Khulu View Post
    I carry two 1litre plastic bottles on my GSA when riding in hot weather. They sit in leather holders I made and are secured onto the pannier handles so I can reach them while riding (left hand side preferably) so I can always hydrate without having to stop.
    Good stuff that

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberto View Post
    I'll be taking my dad as pillion down to Greece in June and wondered if anyone had any tips for pillion hydration. There's a top box on the back, so I don't think a Camelbak backpack style will work with that in place. Any other solutions out there folks have used?

Obviously yes I know you can stop and drink, yada yada.

Cheers
    My camelbacks have always been quite high mounted on my back - I think you'll find that it'll be easy for your dad to wear one and it not be interfered with by the top box (unless you topbox is the height of a wardrobe )...
    We will never be here again - have a good look around

Quote Originally Posted by Mike O View Post
    My camelbacks have always been quite high mounted on my back - I think you'll find that it'll be easy for your dad to wear one and it not be interfered with by the top box (unless you topbox is the height of a wardrobe )...
    Cheers Mike. I'm ordering what looks to be the compact one- so if it doesn't impede the top box and is pretty lightweight on, then hopefully it'll be fine.
    He actually will travel with a small cushion tethered to the front of the top box to act as a back rest, which he found very comfortable when riding before; so I'd hope it could nestle above that perhaps without any fuss..

.. Camelbak has arrived and a compact little thing it is. I think it'll nestle nicely above the topbox.

I get my GSA back on Sunday after a long absence so will give it a whirl

I met a couple at a rally in Norfolk once. He rode a HD Glide and she rode pillion. The bike had 93 k on the clock. He loved to do big miles; she didn't. Her technique was to fill a (very) large plastic bottle with a long straw with a 50/50 mix of vodka and coke. Other drinks are available. Within an hour she would be asleep, held in place by the glide's wraparound seat, while he enjoyed the ride. They toured Europe like this every year.

It might not be the perfect answer for everyone, but, for them, it worked.

When my wife is on pillion, she just helps herself to the camelback that I'm wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by justin754 View Post
    When my wife is on pillion, she just helps herself to the camelback that I'm wearing.
    Same here. Ice in the bladder keeps the fluid cool for a surprisingly long time even in really hot weather. Ask at the hotel you're staying in, they usually let you have some.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12