Slumit gobi 3 opinions

alfie

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
After looking at the robens lakeshore and realising its a bit big for one I'm now thinking about the slumit gobi 3
has any one got one be interested to hear what you think

After looking at the robens lakeshore and realising its a bit big for one I'm now thinking about the slumit gobi 3
has any one got one be interested to hear what you think

Hi,

Looks like you and me are on the same journey.
I was initially looking at the Gobi 3. I camp solo but just felt the packed length was more than I wanted. I want a tent I can put on a pannier not across the pillion seat.

Tom

Looks like it I’ve got a phad 3 which is fine packs
Small enough looking for something a bit higher
And easy to put up and the gobi looks ideal
But the pack is 780 mm long.

I use one of these and would recommend it if you're moving daily and get to the site late it pitches in a couple of minutes which is ideal. There's enough space in the porch to store your kit but you can't stand up in it. Packing away can be a bit of a faff at first. I bungee it onto the pillion on my multistrada and it's no longer than the panniers either side and have used in the Highlands so it proved waterproof and coped with strong winds (inside and out).

Downsides are the length as it's spoked you can't really pack it down further and if you are over 6'2 may have to sleep a bit diagonally.

Looks like it I’ve got a phad 3 which is fine packs
Small enough looking for something a bit higher
And easy to put up and the gobi looks ideal
But the pack is 780 mm long.

I’m past my three score years and ten thus standing height packed length and ease of erection (only one out of three for the Gobi 3) are what drew me to the Green Cone. It ‘feels’ like it is too big for one, but the shape of a tipi tent is that the floor area at half the height, say 80cm, is half. With this a ‘four man’ tent becomes a useable two man. What would it be like for one? I can’t get my head around this. I just need to see one in relation to a standing person.

Tom

To be honest I think we’ll be hard pushed to find a
A tent that ticks all the box’s ie good head head height
Small pack easy to put up

I have the Cub 2 and its a great wee tent. Very easy up/down. Pack size is long, but nothing a bike can't handle.

I said I'd sell mine to a mate as I wanted a tend with a porch (bought Vango Ark 200+), but I think I'll keep hold of it for the odd night away here and there...

D.

The only other tent that looks ok for height and pack size is the vango galaxy 2 but i can't find many reviews but i won't be using
it that often so it might be ok

Agree. I think that we all have the same struggle of trying to tick all the boxes... I guess we need to prioritize what we we really need and what flaws can we ignore.
My gf got annoyed about me being indecisive and obsessed about picking a tent and made me a pros/cons score chart :blast >>>> it worked tho

I recently had a week camping and used this, and found it absolutely great; it's 2kg or less with the centre pole, very quick and easy to pitch, very roomy and no condensation issues, very waterproof and big enough to cook in if needed in bad weather..

http://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/shelters-1/WF126-139.html

I eventually bought a Redverz solo. easy to put up on my own plenty of room to stand up in adt the porch area sits 3 comfortably
well worth the money in my opinion

I have been using mine for a few months now, and would be reluctant to go back to a conventional tent, purely for the speed & simplicity of putting it up & down.
Only 3 gripes are, wont fit in a pannier, so needs to live on the rear of the seat or luggage rack. I am 5' 11 and need to sleep diagonally as the interior space is snug.
The door drains straight into the porch when you open it when it has been raining.
The positives far outweigh the very small niggles, and no more faffing around threading poles!

I have just bought the Gobi 3 from www.slumit.co.uk(Marion) and must say what a fantastic company to deal with very helpful and next day delivery.have not used the tent yet( can’t wait) I have watched all the videos on line,YouTube and think the ease and speed of the ten up and down is great.to big to fit in a pannier but will fit across no problem.
Well done slumit.

I have the Cub 2 and its a great wee tent. Very easy up/down. Pack size is long, but nothing a bike can't handle.

I said I'd sell mine to a mate as I wanted a tend with a porch (bought Vango Ark 200+), but I think I'll keep hold of it for the odd night away here and there...

D.
The gobi is only 1-2 cm longer that the cub ,think I’ll go with the gobi when my cub gives up the ghost .

Back
Top Bottom