Average Speed Cameras being installed on A5104

Good idea

Looking at the quality of some of the bike riding around there and N Wales, last weekend................some riders need slowing down from themselves

No not a good idea. It'll push the nutters onto the surrounding roads where the rest of us enjoy relatively congestion-free riding :rob The Ponderosa's very average as eateries go but the race-rep boys seem to like it and it keeps them mostly in one place.

Which way are they facing? Are they bike friendly?

That is a a good question.

Half way along this road there is a village with a 40mph section so the road is effectively split into two long 50mph sections with a camera at the start and finish of each section and the short 40mph in the middle . Coming from the south heading north the first section has both cameras facing the traffic so in theory a biker could travel quickly without worry but the second section up to the roundabout near the Ponderosa has rear facing camera so you have to watch your speed through the second section. The opposite would be true if travelling south .

In a nutshell traveling in either direction it seems a biker need only be careful in one of the two 50mph sections.

I think all new ones face the rear

See the above ;)

As a postscript to avoid dying of boredom whilst travelling along the road I travelled at a speed I was comfortable with , always with my personal safety in mind and the future of my 8yr old daughter. This may have been above the posted limit but as I stopped and had a drink of water before the last camera I really didnt worry. :thumb

It’s not easy to average 60 on an ‘A’ road in the U.K. these days.

Not with all the cameras around. Drag racing is the way forward; big engines ; plenty of noise , smoke , and speed , racing yer mates over half a mile without bothering the cameras. Make the road your own; well a small piece of it :D.

Aye up stranger , how are you doing ?

You need to get to specsavers mate. Big yellow cameras and quite a few big white Average Speed Camera signs too. Was it dark ?

Ello matey, all good here thanks, god knows how i missed them?? but had nothing through the post......yet:augie:augie

It’s certainly killed the road for bikes, I went up there last Sunday for the first time in a while, went through the lights by the pub/right hand corner, overtook a car and was about to nail it up the hill going over the moors when I noticed the camera on the right....so had sedate ride over the moors. On the road from the top of the horseshoe roundabout down to the Bala turn off I think I only saw 2 bikes coming the other way, so,it’s certainly had the effect of bikers giving the road a miss.

That is a a good question.

Half way along this road there is a village with a 40mph section so the road is effectively split into two long 50mph sections with a camera at the start and finish of each section and the short 40mph in the middle . Coming from the south heading north the first section has both cameras facing the traffic so in theory a biker could travel quickly without worry but the second section up to the roundabout near the Ponderosa has rear facing camera so you have to watch your speed through the second section. The opposite would be true if travelling south .

In a nutshell traveling in either direction it seems a biker need only be careful in one of the two 50mph sections.

See the above ;)

As a postscript to avoid dying of boredom whilst travelling along the road I travelled at a speed I was comfortable with , always with my personal safety in mind and the future of my 8yr old daughter. This may have been above the posted limit but as I stopped and had a drink of water before the last camera I really didnt worry. :thumb

The road I travel on has a single gantry which covers half the road, it has a rear facing camera as you go underneath the gantry and a rear facing camera angled for traffic on the opposite side of the road as they pass the gantry, there are just rear facing cameras on this road and have been in operation only a month this road also has 40 and 50 limits

Back
Top Bottom