Custom ear guards

I gave up with custom ear plugs they never really stopped much noise and I had to be uncommonly careful fitting crash hat to avoid painfully crimping an ear.
Moldex Rockets do a great job and are reusable. Clean with alcohol and a pair lasts for weeks.

I gave up with custom ear plugs they never really stopped much noise and I had to be uncommonly careful fitting crash hat to avoid painfully crimping an ear.
Moldex Rockets do a great job and are reusable. Clean with alcohol and a pair lasts for weeks.

I’ve tried loads of non-custom ones and find them really inconsistent.

Custom ones are doing much better for blocking sound out but just really uncomfortable after an hour or two.

I’ve got five sets of custom plugs from various suppliers gathering dust. For me the Orange 3M disposable ones are the best, comfortable and suppress the worst of the wind noise.

I have to say that although they were expensive, UE custom made with in ear speakers have been perfect for me.

No issue with uncomfortable ache or loose fitting and having them plugged directly to the PackTalk makes the sound quality fantastic. I even wear glasses and they do not effect the earplugs.

Guess I must be one of the lucky ones.

My review of new custom fit from Micky

Have just jumped ship from UE to Micky of this Parish. The dog ate the UE squidgy (6 months old) and the UE in-ear speaker left speaker had packed up after 18 months.

I have been wearing the Micky custom fit version for 30 hours this week. On the bike and also playing the guitar. ( not at the same time)

Have to say Mickys edge it on comfort and they seem to fit better in the inner and outer of the ear. I don't seem to have same hassle with the moving when putting my lid on UE. Had this from the start with UE and I went to their office over Orpington way for the fitting

Noise reduction is just as good if, not better = work colleague is an audiologist and had them compared to the datasheet of UE. I think the Bass playing may have taken its toll. One thing is - My colleague recommended changing custom fits every 18 months for optimal NR.

Sound quality good with ear monitors and no different to the UE

The other plus was the ride up north, good coffee and biker chat.

First time I had met Micky and have no affiliation with him. Would highly recommend trying him if considering custom fits. One happy customer

FB66

PS was crapping myself as the bike was on adverse camber, on a hill and had to ride off with him watching.........

My review of new custom fit from Micky

Sound quality good with ear monitors and no different to the UE

The other plus was the ride up north, good coffee and biker chat.

First time I had met Micky and have no affiliation with him. Would highly recommend trying him if considering custom fits. One happy customer

FB66

PS was crapping myself as the bike was on adverse camber, on a hill and had to ride off with him watching.........

Thanks Mike :blush

You had virtually the last pair of Sound Monitors ... my supplier not now bringing them in to the country any more :blast

Making in roads to import them myself. I like them, they're great quality and well made. Only problems encountered over the years is the air tubes being cut in two by a flip front helmeted customer ... I keep a couple of spares :D

Thanks again ... hope you had a great trip

:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom