Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Custom ear guards

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by ReGenesis View Post
    No - that was after 3 attempts for them to correct their work, a second set of moulds because they cocked up the first ones hence them failing to stay in, numerous emails and finally having to involve TS and the courts to return over £500 for a set of their squidies and a set of their super dooper music ones that even their own lawyer admitted were awful to hear after they were ordered to remove the units and put them into a generic one that the court could listen to.
    UE tried on numerous occasions to hide behind the exclusion on “custom items” in the SOGA.
    When your only business model is that it doesn’t apply.
    They lost.
    Sorry to hear of your bad experience with UE, I've had two sets of in ear monitors from them. The first were the type where the speakers are inline, and the sound is carried forward by tubes and the second are wired. Both have been excellent. Expensive, but good. Glad you won.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Next the Tay and elsewhere.... Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    A couple of points regarding custom moulded plugs..

Your ears continue to grow as you get older (check out an older gentleman to see what I mean) so there may well come a time when the plugs become less efficient.

To those struggling with fitment after receiving them due to helmet padding or indeed wearing glasses, You can have your moulds taken with you wearing the lid and specs in place. A bit of a faff but doable for sure, cling film is an amazing product...
    And the Planet keeps spinning...

Quote Originally Posted by Coolcarbon View Post
    A couple of points regarding custom moulded plugs..

Your ears continue to grow as you get older (check out an older gentleman to see what I mean)
    Christ, I'll end up looking like the BFG!

I had a set made at a localish Game fair some years ago,

I specified with cords to save me loosing them.

They supplied them without cords!,

i contacted them, and they sent me a replacement set with cords, and told me to keep the first set as way of an appology

The cords are not for removal purposes, your meant to screw them in / out of the ear

I need to make some new ones up with earbuds in, running my Senna at full volume to penetrate the in ears kills

the battery in half the time.

I gave up with custom ear plugs they never really stopped much noise and I had to be uncommonly careful fitting crash hat to avoid painfully crimping an ear.
    Moldex Rockets do a great job and are reusable. Clean with alcohol and a pair lasts for weeks.
    08 R1200GSA
    76 Suzuki GT750

Quote Originally Posted by Bendy toy View Post
    I gave up with custom ear plugs they never really stopped much noise and I had to be uncommonly careful fitting crash hat to avoid painfully crimping an ear.
    Moldex Rockets do a great job and are reusable. Clean with alcohol and a pair lasts for weeks.
    I’ve tried loads of non-custom ones and find them really inconsistent.

Custom ones are doing much better for blocking sound out but just really uncomfortable after an hour or two.

I’ve got five sets of custom plugs from various suppliers gathering dust. For me the Orange 3M disposable ones are the best, comfortable and suppress the worst of the wind noise.

My mate swears by the screwfix ones that you mould yourself.

Actually now I think about, there are a few of my riding group who use these. Might be worth a go for a tenner:

https://www.screwfix.com/p/stanley-s...ar-plugs/69698

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have to say that although they were expensive, UE custom made with in ear speakers have been perfect for me.

No issue with uncomfortable ache or loose fitting and having them plugged directly to the PackTalk makes the sound quality fantastic. I even wear glasses and they do not effect the earplugs.

Guess I must be one of the lucky ones.

I'm just not right in the head

My YouTube Channel, if you're interested

FatBiker 66 Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    My review of new custom fit from Micky

Have just jumped ship from UE to Micky of this Parish. The dog ate the UE squidgy (6 months old) and the UE in-ear speaker left speaker had packed up after 18 months.

I have been wearing the Micky custom fit version for 30 hours this week. On the bike and also playing the guitar. ( not at the same time)

Have to say Mickys edge it on comfort and they seem to fit better in the inner and outer of the ear. I don't seem to have same hassle with the moving when putting my lid on UE. Had this from the start with UE and I went to their office over Orpington way for the fitting

Noise reduction is just as good if, not better = work colleague is an audiologist and had them compared to the datasheet of UE. I think the Bass playing may have taken its toll. One thing is - My colleague recommended changing custom fits every 18 months for optimal NR.

Sound quality good with ear monitors and no different to the UE

The other plus was the ride up north, good coffee and biker chat.

First time I had met Micky and have no affiliation with him. Would highly recommend trying him if considering custom fits. One happy customer

FB66

PS was crapping myself as the bike was on adverse camber, on a hill and had to ride off with him watching.........

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Biker 66 View Post

PS was crapping myself as the bike was on adverse camber, on a hill and had to ride off with him watching.........
    Thanks for that tip. Will be careful when I visit him

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Never knowingly understood Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Biker 66 View Post
    My review of new custom fit from Micky

Sound quality good with ear monitors and no different to the UE

The other plus was the ride up north, good coffee and biker chat.

First time I had met Micky and have no affiliation with him. Would highly recommend trying him if considering custom fits. One happy customer

FB66

Thanks Mike

You had virtually the last pair of Sound Monitors ... my supplier not now bringing them in to the country any more

Making in roads to import them myself. I like them, they're great quality and well made. Only problems encountered over the years is the air tubes being cut in two by a flip front helmeted customer ... I keep a couple of spares

Thanks again ... hope you had a great trip

Adventure.GS
    Tours, training or custom made earplugs ... it's all here.

"If you want the rainbow then you have to put up with a little rain" Dolly Parton

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12