Hex Code GS-911 Software issue or real problem ?

nicholsonj2252

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As many on here will know I run four BMW G650X Motorcycles - two XChallenges , an XCountry and an XMoto

Two of the bikes are ABS and two are non ABS

I have a GS-911 Professional USB with the round 10 pin plug and as part of my service procedure plug it in to check for any error messages .

When I plug the GS-911 into the non ABS bikes I get the following error on both of the bikes :

Error:

Detected following problem:

Failed to read controller information. No response from controller. Check:

Ignition On

Kill Switch in RUN position

Neutral selected

Imobilizer (if equipped) deactivated

Do you wish to continue anyway. If so, limited ABS functionality available

As I understand this is only because the GS-911 does not find the ABS controller and if I click on OK I can run the engine diagnostics so this is not a problem

However on both of the non ABS bikes I also get the following error :

1285: Idle Actuator, Short-circuit to poitive or Open-ircuit

The fault is not present now

This fault occurred 2 times

I have swapped the Idle Control Valves from the ABS bikes to the non ABS bikes and vice versa and the fault stays on the non ABS bikes and does not show up on the ABS bikes

This leads me to think the issue is perhaps with the GS-911 software picking up something incorrectly as the tick over on all of the bikes is fine

Does anyone else have a GS-911 and use it on a non ABS G650X bike and if so does this error show up ?

It seems very strange that is shows up on both bikes and does not clear when I swap the ICV's round - it could be a wiring issue but it seems strange that it is on both non ABS bikes and that no tick over issues are apparent

That was exactly what the garage one said about mine too - mine is NON ABS (I hate the ABS thing and everything it stands for - nanny state interference etc).

Makes no difference already tried a new USB cable and bike is on paddock stand in neutral

Hex Code have advised as follows :

“The GS-911 connects to the various engine controllers and only reports what faults are stored in their memory. If the faults were cleared and the error message still appears, the preconditions for the error to activate is still being met, whether this is due to a possible wiring issue on the bike (open circuit does sound like a possible grounding issue), or the values which the engine controller expects might be off slightly. Nevertheless, the controller is still seeing something wrong with the idle actuator, thus the reason for the error message.”

I am getting the bike plugged in to the BMW Computer at the Dealers this weekend to see what that shows up.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom