Fuel tap and fuel 'sender' for a Cali 3?

Ogmios

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The original design of tap on the Cali 3 is just idiotic: One central tap underneath, with a coiled 'cable' attached, operated by a remote knob (no- i dont mean me :p ).
Always stressed by any movement, like using it for example :rolleyes: . So it leaks. :blast

Any suggestions before i go and just buy another? :nenau

Gutsibits seem the best pricewise - about £30 + post. Unless someone knows different.

... i'm thinking of getting a fuel sender too.
Not that it's in any way useful - it just flashes a light on and off on hills and is useless for actually informing me how much fuel is left :banghead: .
Just that it drips as well and a new one would cure that too.

Oh, how i wish it had a plain, simple, ordinary fuel tap - with a reserve position - it would be luxury! :(

As ever - Thanks in advance. :thumb2

The original design of tap on the Cali 3 is just idiotic: One central tap underneath, with a coiled 'cable' attached, operated by a remote knob (no- i dont mean me :p ).
Always stressed by any movement, like using it for example :rolleyes: . So it leaks. :blast

Any suggestions before i go and just buy another? :nenau

Gutsibits seem the best pricewise - about £30 + post. Unless someone knows different.

... i'm thinking of getting a fuel sender too.
Not that it's in any way useful - it just flashes a light on and off on hills and is useless for actually informing me how much fuel is left :banghead: .
Just that it drips as well and a new one would cure that too.

Oh, how i wish it had a plain, simple, ordinary fuel tap - with a reserve position - it would be luxury! :(

As ever - Thanks in advance. :thumb2

Hmmmmmm ... on my "re-engineered" Cali 3 FF , The builder (Not I) did away with this design , fitted a fancy fuel tap and remote filter ........... and when he made the new Fibreglass side panels !! ... he filled in the "hole" where the fuel tap went ... anyway ... I digress.

Among other things I got with the bike (enough spares to choke a goat) .... was a spare standard fuel tank. It has a std fuel tap in it , which is sitting here (untested obviously). You are welcome to take it - try it , and go from there. Only problems are a) If you came here and happened to see (read examine) my bike , you would obviously want to buy it ... not a problem for me , but may be for you !! b) I am in Dr Farkoff country ... so you have a long way to come to collect it !

Tea I understand .... Dinner I understand ...... etc etc ... but I am not sure what "a Tea" is exactly !! .....................
I think it's the concept of a single cup of tea.
As we upon this civilised isle know - tea comes in a pot and thus is plural. One does not sit down in civilised company to a single cup. ;)

ANYhow,
thank you for the kind offer - but i've gone and bought a new tap. As it seems there are no alternatives - The Cali 3 uses a different tap/thread to all others. :mad:
Aw well - i may modify the new with a knob - as i did the old one.

Now sir,
regarding your Cali. I looked at the pics when the chap in the U.K. was selling (this was me by the way, looking at the pics ---> :drool - and i dont even like the damn fairing! But i love the attention to detail and the quality and the fixes to annoying bits, such as fuel taps!)
Ahem.... you are not far away / too close perhaps because you're right; i would like to buy it! :blast
But i cant.
So i wont.
... not (right) now.
Not this year.
Stop it Og.
Just ... stop.

*head butts the desk to distract himself and exits!* :pullface:

Attachments

• Guzzi fuel tap1.jpg
    Guzzi fuel tap1.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 75
Postman delivered this today.
Wonder what it could be? :rolleyes:

Attachments

• fuel tap packaging.jpg
    fuel tap packaging.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 56
It could be "broken"!
Cheerful soul, aint ya? :p
.. though i have to admit it worried me when i couldn't blow through it - i thought it was blocked. :eek:
No, it works the opposite to what's now fitted - it runs ... backwards. :blast

Back
Top Bottom