View Poll Results: What panniers do you use?

Voters
608. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never use 'em

19 3.13%
  • Plastic BWM system panniers

264 43.42%
  • Other plastic ones (Givi, etc)

28 4.61%
  • BWM alloy jobs

108 17.76%
  • Touratech Zega

52 8.55%
  • Metal Mule

17 2.80%
  • Vern's metal ones

29 4.77%
  • Cajasahel

11 1.81%
  • Jesse metal boxes

28 4.61%
  • Other

52 8.55%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What panniers do you use?

Larry

What panniers do you use?

Thought it was about time I posted a poll so here goes. What panniers do you use? I'm a system man myself but keep thinking about some expensive metal jobbies (not that I need them, just quite fancy myself as a wannabe world traveller as I whack car mirrors in London). Not fussed about the merits of each, that's been done at length elsewhere on here. Vote now!

Ally jobs, perfect for mirror removal

Use the BMW expandable ones on the GS.

Don't truly need them but they are very useful at times and will take the helmet no problem.

What a waste. Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Hepco and becker metal expedition panniers - only £306 the pair -

45Ltr one side and 37 Ltr the other - you can pick and mix the sizes - they're not in your poll

All your BMW servicing needs at the .gsshop.biz, including 1200 models

Recommended as an "excellent independant" in Ride magazine 2009.

Larry
    They'll be under 'other' then! Very nice looking though. Kind of a retro spam tin style.

By the way, the new pads have bedded in nicely and are doing a lovely job of stopping me.

What a waste. Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Originally posted by Larry
    . Kind of a retro spam tin style.

I thought Meals on wheels, sums them up
    All your BMW servicing needs at the .gsshop.biz, including 1200 models

Recommended as an "excellent independant" in Ride magazine 2009.

Toubab Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Vernatech Worldbeaters with max top lids....a bitch to get your leg over (and I'm six four ) on an incline but I could fit an F650 in each one and still have room to rollerskate

Actually, no idea of actual capacity, I'd guess between 55 and 60 litres with about 3 off the cut out side.

I can't be arsed to fill them with poly beads to find out

Harder than car door skins- DAMHIK and a great aid to offroading as they keep the beasty up at a good angle for lifting.....and they act as great flotation devices for deep river crossings
    सत्यमेव जयते

fill them with water bill then drill a hole in the bottom after you've counted the litres

Toubab Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Originally posted by TUNED IN
    fill them with water bill then drill a hole in the bottom after you've counted the litres
    Howzabout we fill them with Guinness and do the same thing but lying under them??

I'll give you a head start...you can have the cut-out side
    सत्यमेव जयते

I've used
    bmw plastic ones
    Plastic 'jerry cans' as used by the army to carry water
    Plastic 'Pelican' cases

I'd like the plastic 'Pelican' ones - but in a top loading design ... they'd be my vote for best.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I use the BMW plastic ones which are ok for my purposes, but they are awkward to use without inner bags ... wish they were toploaders really. Plus, the plastic lugs don't look like they'd take much punishment in a fall so are useless for 'overlanding', whatever that is.
    Drink Real Ale and Save the Planet

I use or have used...

I started with standard BMW plastic jobs, and for retroman, no they don't appear to take much punishment, I span my bike thru 180 degrees and ripped the whole unit, including support bar off.

Have tried the Jesse cases on my 1150R, they were great, but I sold them before I got a GS, now use BMW ally GSA panniers. Which IMHO are a nice set of panniers

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Givi.
    Just come back from France today. Totally waterproof, unfortunately! Could have done without finding that out.
    Appear to be substantial, as when I pulled out from parking on the pavement in Caen, ( common thing to do apparently} I forgot the panniers and hit a post, only just caught the bike as it started to topple. Right testicle not thrilled with close aquaintance with petrol tank though!!!! Only went with the top box loaded, and a couple of locks in the panniers, but the idea was to be able to lock away the leathers and have casual clothes to wear. I would recommend this to anyone, being stuck in hot leathers aint no fun. My mate only had a tank bag so I was the load bearer.
    If I had been using the aluminium panniers (too dear for me) I would probably have come off, as the Givis are chamfered on the leading edge, & I bounced off as opposed to grinding to an abrupt halt.

Not fussed about the merits of each, that's been done at length elsewhere on here
    Think we all must of missed that bit!
    My vote goes to the bmw ally boxes. They do the job, they are solid and they make great bedside tables.

Say little....... observe all. Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Vern's get my vote... and they're an inch narrower than the BWM system cases

Ooh me Chalfonts Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I am using the system cases, but what I would like are a set of ally top loading cases that are as easy to remove as the system ones. Ally cases make great camping stools but it is a PIA un bolting them to take them of the bike.
    Keefffff

I can only please one person a day. Today is not your day, and tomorrow does not look good either..

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast