View Poll Results: What panniers do you use?

Voters
608. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never use 'em

19 3.13%
  • Plastic BWM system panniers

264 43.42%
  • Other plastic ones (Givi, etc)

28 4.61%
  • BWM alloy jobs

108 17.76%
  • Touratech Zega

52 8.55%
  • Metal Mule

17 2.80%
  • Vern's metal ones

29 4.77%
  • Cajasahel

11 1.81%
  • Jesse metal boxes

28 4.61%
  • Other

52 8.55%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What panniers do you use?

Iain Hogg
    Originally posted by Keith Chapman
    I am using the system cases, but what I would like are a set of ally top loading cases that are as easy to remove as the system ones. Ally cases make great camping stools but it is a PIA un bolting them to take them of the bike.
    Have a look at Metal Mule .

Iain

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I am using the system cases, but what I would like are a set of ally top loading cases that are as easy to remove as the system ones. Ally cases make great camping stools but it is a PIA un bolting them to take them of the bike.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Try Jesse's if you want to attach or detach quickly. They also make good camping stools or even tables. At the current exchange rate probably £700 delivered from Kiwi Bob !

electrically isolated Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    you all know what I like....

Just upgraded to the Metal Mule balance system. Can't wait for it to arrive

Hi Keeeef, long time no see.

Adv panniers are fitted / removed in a matter of seconds.

I can't get my bike in / out of the garage with the panniers fitted so I have to fit / remove them everyday. At 0530AM I would be a bit peeved if this was at all fiddly or time consuming but it isn't and i'm not.

I've just ordered a set from Metal Mule. I have to say I've been impressed with the service from Paul and looking forward to getting them in time to go on my hols at the end of the month.
    I've gone orange 1290 SA

I'd agree with the comment about good service from Paul at Metal Mule. Top bloke in answering my stupid questions following my inability to read the instructions!!

Easy to fit, very secure and seem to swallow everything I can think of. They come off in seconds and are powder coated in a cool looking dark grey. Top kit!

sdmotor

Pelican cases

I like these. They are easy to get in the US, relatively cheap ($70-75 US) and are waterproof airtight and hold as much as the system cases. I run the 1520's mounted on the lids so the stuff inside doesn't fall out. The only downside is that they are side open only.....

electrically isolated Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Peli boxes are great and crushproof.

I'd still rather have my mules on the bike though!

Just bought some Jesse Panniers from Kiwi Bob for my 1200GS. What fantastic service - 8 days after sending an email they were delivered to my home in Newcastle. I am really pleased with their strength as I didn't think that the BMW ones, that I originally bought with the bike, would last very long as they flex rather a lot. The quality of the Jesse panniers really exceeds my expectations.

Gunboat Willy
    Originally posted by wilbjr21
    Just bought some Jesse Panniers from Kiwi Bob for my 1200GS. What fantastic service - 8 days after sending an email they were delivered to my home in Newcastle.....
    Another vote for Kiwi Bob and the Jesse panniers here. Rode over there (Germany) and Bob fitted them while we were there (to the 1150GS).

Great service, nice bloke and v pleased with the result.

(Also bought some Cee Bailey inner bags designed for the Jesses from Sportouring.co.uk (Woodys Importarium) - two pannier bags and two lid bags...they look the business too...good service from them as well).

All this will be getting a 'proper' test shortly.

Another of Jesse from Kwi Bob, great bloke, great product - you get what you pay for

Thumbs up jesse luggage

Jesse Luggage.- Having given the cases a "proper test" (New zealand, Australia & U.S.) I agree with what others have said about Jesse Luggage and Kiwi Bob - great guy, great product. I also spoke to Al (Jesse) on a couple of occasions and He was really helpful as well. Quick delivery apart from parcelfarce losing it in Nottingham sorting office (They found the parcel 2 days later still under the counter apparently !). My only critisism is that the locks could be tougher - Some low life forced the locks somewhere between Sydney and Long Beach docks. Next time there will be padlocks on as well.- But I would still make the same choice.
    sorry I know there are two Identical posts but I can not delete one.

Thumbs up jesse luggage

Jesse Luggage.- Having given the cases a "proper test" (New zealand, Australia & U.S.) I agree with what others have said about Jesse Luggage and Kiwi Bob - great guy, great product. I also spoke to Al (Jesse) on a couple of occasions and He was really helpful as well. Quick delivery apart from parcelfarce losing it in Nottingham sorting office (They found the parcel 2 days later still under the counter apparently !). My only critisism is that the locks could be tougher - Some low life forced the locks somewhere between Sydney and Long Beach docks. Next time there will be padlocks on as well.- But I would still make the same choice.

Thumbs up That'll be the Vern's then...

Narrow set (2" narrower than Paul G's), anodised silver, unbelievably strong, waterproof (sorry Mike O), beautiful craftsmanship and will melt EVERYTHING in the left pannier unless you fit an heatshield and exhaust extension tube.
    Simply excellent (and despite being narrower than B*W system cases, take TWICE as much!).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thumbs up

I use a pair of Beemers plastic ones (can't afford them posh ally ones), got them for £65 second hand (lookin at them though they were probably 4th or 5th hand!) after a bit of wet & dry & a couple of cans of "black bumper paint" they look pretty good. As for inner bags, you can get a whole roll from most supermarkets for a quid !

Off route.......... Tossing Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Caja sahel

I took ages to decide which of the many variants of ali boxes to have, and these are excellent IMHO both in quality and value. Bearing in mind they are made to order the turn around time (including a bank holiday and a certain Liverpool footie match) they were delivered in 2 weeks, and they are not even the standard set. Only one very small problem was the exhaust needed to be spaced out from the rear footrest bracket by 10mm (no real problem, slightly longer bolt fitted with M12 nut as spacer). They even come with a exhaust extension to direct the heat away. All in all brilliant and very, very strong. As the gate post will tell you!!!!!! See Aug 2005 Ride magazine GS feature for pics of them fitted.

Well done Civil,

from a very happy customer
    Alchohol doesn't make you fat, it makes you lean .....................................on tables, chairs and ugly people

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast