• Cajasahel

Votes: 9 1.6%
  • Jesse metal boxes

Votes: 19 3.4%
  • Other

Votes: 72 12.9%

• Total voters
Number8 said:
i did ok from the pickup point till the M621 (no mirrors destroyed) but from the M621 to the turnoff in wakefield on the M1 i took off/wacked 19 mirrors !

so is 19 mirrors a record or can you do better?:D

TUNED IN said:
so is 19 mirrors a record or can you do better?:D

depends who u ask , and who is asking ..

a combination of panniers and my fist taking them off ive done 25+ in london in a day

never guess im a dispatcher... :D

Steptoe said:
Hepco and becker metal expedition panniers - only £306 the pair -

45Ltr one side and 37 Ltr the other - you can pick and mix the sizes - they're not in your poll

Where from please?! And is that a recommendation?

Ally boxes all the way you can even take off doors never mind the the mirrors :mcgun

Denny Hughes said:
Ally boxes all the way you can even take off doors never mind the the mirrors :mcgun

Bwahhaha

tried that with the hole bike and failed ... 30mph and the twat opned the door (bmw x5) and i just went over the bars . door was still intact and still useable

as was the bike , the guys leg stopped the damage

Just had the Metal Mules in Norway for 2 weeks.

A lot of pishing rain - they remained bone dry.
Completely overloaded them including strapping excessive gear to the lid - they didn't complain.
I could take them off in seconds and sit on them in camp - they didn't bend.
Rode a few hundred km off road/dirt roads with them fully loaded - nothing snapped.
Dropped the fully loaded bike on them at least 3 times (started to lose count) :eek: - nothing bent.
Crashed into the back of a numpty white van man who stood on his brakes :mcgun - pannier got scuffed but I filed it smooth again. Good as new.
Used one as a centre stand (Dakar ain't got one) with a bit of Karrimat as padding - it didn't even scratch it never mind dent it.

They might cost a small fortune, but they are absolutely the dog's bits. Can't praise 'em enough.

:thumb :thumb

I got the BMW ones as I didn't know better. The panniers are OK I suppose... better than soft luggage but too wide for filtering when fully extended. Side entry is a pain too. The top box is a disappointment though - I wish I'd got a Givi capable of taking two lids... cheaper and bigger.

I have gone down the Caveman route and got the SWMotech quick release system with 2mm Alpos aluminium 36ltr panniers.

These are from EIBC at www.eibcltd.co.uk

Very good price as well.

Jon :)

Anybody got any info on these Panniers -

tuplapieni.jpg

I found this -

www.tpu.fi/~bosto/laukku

typing "BMW GS" into Google images.

Might be a bit hard to steer

Attachments

• kiinnitys1.jpg
    kiinnitys1.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,320
Ive been using the B*W system panniers but after spending a couple of hours trying to get my camping gear to fit the awkward shape I@m thinking of getting a pair of the alloy box type

Being a gentleman of discerning taste I favour one of Messers Hepco and Beckers luggage combinations for the more cultured motorcycle rider......

Attachments

• ScreenShot046.jpg
    ScreenShot046.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 1,348
Why do you need a sidestand puck on a brick driveway - is that loaded 1200 making your house subside?

Nostromo said:
Why do you need a sidestand puck on a brick driveway - is that loaded 1200 making your house subside?

1200 :eek:

It's got 50cc's less than that and the puck is a permanent fixture, bolted on so I don't have to feck about with it on grass.

Sorry my vision was impared by all that luggage and Morrisons Islay Malt Whisky.

Steptoe said:
Hepco and becker metal expedition panniers - only £306 the pair -

45Ltr one side and 37 Ltr the other - you can pick and mix the sizes - they're not in your poll

Can you find out the order codes for these as I want some!? Is it just panniers and bracket or will I need heatshield/exhaust extender?

How does the 37L one work, does the pannier bracket position it further away from the bike?

Anyone got a www link for Hepco and Becker uk agents?

Ta

try www.motobins.co.uk If memory serves me right they are the UK importers

Back
Top Bottom