Votes: 32 5.7%
  • Cajasahel

Votes: 9 1.6%
  • Jesse metal boxes

Votes: 19 3.4%
  • Other

Votes: 72 12.9%

• Total voters
Alu panniers are £160 from eibcltd.co.uk for both. It then costs £250 for the brackets which is crazy.

Andy

H&P Panniers work out at over £500. Might as well go for touratech ones at that price.

The Ultimate Cooler Set

not quite the Ultimate ,
We all know what they are !

Attachments

• Ultimate Panniers !.jpg
    Ultimate Panniers !.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 1,053
They lean in a bit at the top and narrow towards the back, look ok to me :confused:

Attachments

• DSC00724.jpg
    DSC00724.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 1,308
sniper said:
Trev, i think all H&B's look like that :nenau

You think correctly, mine are the same but that's the way they design the frames and I can't complain about how securely they fit on the bike or the quality of the panniers. :thumb

Photo-0206.jpg

Panniersandtopbox.jpg

Panniersandtopboxfull.jpg

Question

I saw a thread a while ago that they had some panniers that they had spread a tape like product on and it was a dark colour grey/black

unsure if here or www.advrider.com can anyone point me to the thread or product that wa sused

thanks steve

Keith Chapman said:
I am using the system cases, but what I would like are a set of ally top loading cases that are as easy to remove as the system ones. Ally cases make great camping stools but it is a PIA un bolting them to take them of the bike.

caveman sells ally ones that are quick release get his link from the members list :thumb

panniers

I just bought some second hand panniers for about $100 pounds. Holy shit is all i can say.

the piccie in the middle is my Touratech 41 ltre pannier.

Home made but a nice job. Have been across the world and Oz and still good as gold

and I thought the pannierson the yellow GS were a photo shop. nah they must be real

Attachments

• Resize of Panniers 2.jpg
    Resize of Panniers 2.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 1,100
  • bigbox.jpg
    bigbox.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,143
bought a set of Caribou Luggage for my 650 (basically peli cases complete with a mount system and locks) I've had to import them from the usa tho :eek:

Total cost worked out at around £460 not including uk import tax :rolleyes:

I would have bought the ally ones but i prefer the look of the peli cases :D

Hopefully they'll arrive sometime this week :bounce1 Tho i expect the touratech bits will take longer :nenau

rc mad said:
bought a set of Caribou Luggage for my 650 (basically peli cases complete with a mount system and locks) I've had to import them from the usa tho :eek:

Total cost worked out at around £460 not including uk import tax :rolleyes:

I would have bought the ally ones but i prefer the look of the peli cases :D

Hopefully they'll arrive sometime this week :bounce1 Tho i expect the touratech bits will take longer :nenau

hmmm i like the look of those, do post when youve got them and let us know the total cost in taxes etc, and if they work well

mini review - first impressions

Well, got the last one today, they came in two separate boxes about a week apart thanks to customs :rolleyes:

Total cost was £461 for the luggage, the total import taxes were around £80, though around £30 of that was in charges form parcelfarce. That makes them more expensive than the touratech ally cases. Still, I’m happy, I really didn't like the mount shape on the touratech cases.

Anyway, the whole kit looks very professional, all powder coated in black with full stainless fixings. More importantly it all fitted together without any problems at all.
The instructions are very clear and easy to follow (unlike flat pack furniture) and I got the framework fitted and secured in place within 1/2 hour of starting. (Allow yourself about an hour if you’re mechanically inept :D). I had to do some minor adjustments to the lower front mounts on each side as there was some misalignment. Once adjusted (it's stated in the instructions that this adjustment may be required) the cases go on and off smoothly and quickly, around ten seconds a side will see the case fitted and locked in position. Simply locate the cases on the rack and turn the key lock, all done from the outside. No faffing around inside the pannier - great for packing in the house then just chucking the cases on the bike.

I'm quite happy with the whole setup, the framework looks good on the bike, it doesn't hang down into empty air unlike the touratech cases and it provides extra support at the back incase of a drop. The cases themselves look like they'll work well though they are side openers, perhaps unfortunately for some.

I personally think they'll work better for me than top loaders, especially with the ease at which they can be taken off the bike. The cases themselves are very strong, they come with most of the bits like locks/ straps already fitted, I only had to mount the case brackets onto the cases. I can also report that the lid supports are strong, I had my jack Russell stood one on side, the dog is far to nosey for his own good :D )

One last thing - security, the setup has 4 keylocks, all of which are keyed the same, two locks secure the cases to the rack in a clamp arrangement whilst the other two lock the cases so they cannot be opened. A good idea well executed, i only have to carry one extra key :clap

All in i reckon its a top bit of kit, though I haven't had time to get any pics or go for a spin yet. i'll do both tomorrow and let you know how i get on :D

Did a bit of a test ride today (to and from work) only about 40 miles the long way, the cases don't seem to affect the bike at all, well impressed. Even had a guy on a yellow 1150gs do a double take :D (at the bottom of phoenix parkway in scunthorpe, just in case the person posts on here)

Anyway, took a couple of piccys

bike01.jpg

bike02.jpg

bike03.jpg

bike04.jpg

Back
Top Bottom