KTM MyRide - anybody got it working?

the route came up as you ride away and software is the latest one which I've forgot the numbers of
Never saw anything like that on mine.

I have software SWP133.33 (updated on Monday) - ring a bell?

There seems to be a sequence of pairing the phone/ headset/ MyRide. Have you got your headset connected to the bike and your phone? One guy on advrider reckons you don’t turn the headset on until you’ve turned the bike on, and the phone has connected to the bike.

I thought that disconnecting the headset from the phone would do the trick, so paired the headset and phone to the bike, waited for the phone to appear on the dash, then turn the headset on, but that didn’t work. So I just reconnected the headset to the phone and gave up, as I couldn’t be arsed!

If someone can explain properly how it works, I’ll try again.
Laguna Ashford don't know, so what hope do we have?

Fuck me......There really is no hope.
I enjoy riding a bike and if I want music, I can bang out a tune......If I need directions to where I am going, the local authorities kindly put up signs, including miles to destination.....Fucking amazing really.

You lot deserve all you fucking get, the angst is tangible in this thread......You poor, poor fucker!

Roll another fat one.....................

Fuck me......There really is no hope.
I enjoy riding a bike and if I want music, I can bang out a tune......If I need directions to where I am going, the local authorities kindly put up signs, including miles to destination.....Fucking amazing really.

You lot deserve all you fucking get, the angst is tangible in this thread......You poor, poor fucker!

Roll another fat one.....................
You already know I can navigate perfectly well by sense of direction and the force alone.

I had that connection message the other day. Just exiting the route planned using the app and re-creating it solved the issue.

So, bike is back with the dealer again. Briefly had turn instructions this morning, but now its back to 'Loading, Please wait'

Ready to Race (in a minute, maybe two)

The bike's been at the the dealer the last 24 hrs and KTM's story is that after pressing the start button you have to wait 60-90 sec after "Ready to Race" appears on the dash before MyRide will work. If you try to enter MyRide during that period the dash locks up.

I'm proposing to KTM that they change "Ready to Race" to "Please sit by the side of the road and we'll be Ready to Race shortly".

No answer yet on getting turn instructions on the screen.

Not what anyone wants to hear but, in my opinion, KTM my ride isn't mature enough to bother with yet.

I find that the music control usually works fairly well (Iphone and Sena 20) when I first get going. But, whenever I stop and turn the ignition off (such as at a petrol stop) it simply won't reconnect properly.

Sometimes it says "check connections" other times it all looks fine, but when you press the buttons on the bars nothing happens (no music) - the screen display shows the buttons being pressed but there is no result on the phone or headset.

Add to this that the SatNav seems pretty primitive compared to the likes of a Garmin (which I have) and the whole thing seems more trouble than it's worth.

I have given it up as a bad job and just connected the phone directly to the Sena...

but from memory; sport, street, comfort and offroad.
Why?

From Uncle Robs image below ride it has damp or is that dampening as in suspension?

0b4c91341b67ecee21732796a23e5e09.png

Not what anyone wants to hear but, in my opinion, KTM my ride isn't mature enough to bother with yet.

I find that the music control usually works fairly well (Iphone and Sena 20) when I first get going. But, whenever I stop and turn the ignition off (such as at a petrol stop) it simply won't reconnect properly.

Sometimes it says "check connections" other times it all looks fine, but when you press the buttons on the bars nothing happens (no music) - the screen display shows the buttons being pressed but there is no result on the phone or headset.

Add to this that the SatNav seems pretty primitive compared to the likes of a Garmin (which I have) and the whole thing seems more trouble than it's worth.

I have given it up as a bad job and just connected the phone directly to the Sena...

I’m with you, and have decided that I really cannot be arsed with it all. I now have a sat Nav that works, so will use that for my navigation. For music & phone calls, I’ll do it the way I always have; phone to headset.

Maybe I'll try that.

When I get my biker back that is. Apparently Laguna can't get turn instructions to reliably appear now.

I told them to fix it or keep it.

I’m with you, and have decided that I really cannot be arsed with it all. I now have a sat Nav that works, so will use that for my navigation. For music & phone calls, I’ll do it the way I always have; phone to headset.

+1 As I've said, if you dare leave the suggested route it won't auto-recalculate. That's pathetic. I've missed several turn-off's in the 3 times I've tried it too. 300 yds...200yds..60yds..turn around and go back! It's a fall-back position if you're lost but that's it. Shame, as I mostly like the way the app works.

Back
Top Bottom