KTM MyRide - anybody got it working?

stolzy

Reaction score
Phone sees the bike, bike sees the phone. Bike appears in 'Your Bikes' on the app, but when I try navigation all I get is 'Check connection to phone and if app is running'.

Dealer is as much good as nothing.

This is the error message:

Attachments

• IMG_0352.JPG
    IMG_0352.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 360
You could do with trying the mobile app if someone has another you could lend near you

So mines is all up and running, the bike is paired to my Sena SMH10, and the phone is paired to that. Music a plenty as I ride etc etc.
I haven't had the latest upgrade yet (bike is due a service so will try and get that done as soon as I can) so I'll be interested to see if it will pick up Apple maps, which I think is the upgrade.

Don't ask me how I paired it though ... dealer did it .... all black magic to me .. !

So mines is all up and running, the bike is paired to my Sena SMH10, and the phone is paired to that. Music a plenty as I ride etc etc.
I haven't had the latest upgrade yet (bike is due a service so will try and get that done as soon as I can) so I'll be interested to see if it will pick up Apple maps, which I think is the upgrade.

Don't ask me how I paired it though ... dealer did it .... all black magic to me .. !

The pairing isn't the prolm, that's easy, the problem is getting nav instructions on the dash.

It doesn't link to Apple maps or Google maps, but to its own (£7.99) navigation app.

At least its supposed to.:blast

I haven’t tried it yet, as it’s only arrow based, so I’ll stick to the sat nav. But I’ve given up trying to play music through it, as that seems to be intermittent.

I haven’t tried it yet, as it’s only arrow based, so I’ll stick to the sat nav. But I’ve given up trying to play music through it, as that seems to be intermittent.

My music is fine and completely glitch free ... ??

When it is so simple to pair a phone to headset I cannot see the value of this on the bike. I can also pair via my Sat-Nav which works flawlessly and allows me to juggle music from the Nav - and I can do a simple forward / back easily enough with the press of a headset button if I just pair the Phone to Headset.

Had cars with built in sat-nav and they are light years ahead of this concoction, but still fall flat as they cannot do "routes" so only good for boring A-B directions, fine as that is all I ever want in a car, but no good for a bike tour.

Seems to me all you 1290 owners spend most your time trying to get your keyless ignition to ignite, your TFT dash to work or your phone to connect to the bike, still I suppose it is a much cheaper way of spending your free time than burning fuel and tyres like I do on my 1190.

mine works fine,download the app connected phone to bike in put route and away ya go

Attachments

• IMG_3677.jpg
    IMG_3677.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 1,041
mine works fine,download the app connected phone to bike in put route and away ya go
What did you do to get the instructions on the screen after you started the route in the app?

What software version do you have in the dash?

the route came up as you ride away and software is the latest one which I've forgot the numbers of

My music is fine and completely glitch free ... ??

There seems to be a sequence of pairing the phone/ headset/ MyRide. Have you got your headset connected to the bike and your phone? One guy on advrider reckons you don’t turn the headset on until you’ve turned the bike on, and the phone has connected to the bike.

I thought that disconnecting the headset from the phone would do the trick, so paired the headset and phone to the bike, waited for the phone to appear on the dash, then turn the headset on, but that didn’t work. So I just reconnected the headset to the phone and gave up, as I couldn’t be arsed!

If someone can explain properly how it works, I’ll try again.

Back
Top Bottom