Bennetts - me not happy

Bennetts can go and do one:redbone renewal notice dropped on the door mat yesterday.
Paid £153 last year fully comp, 2008 1200GSA, cheeky cnuts want £272 this year:p1zzed::eek: nothings changed except another year without a claim.
Gave The bike insurer a try and ended up giving Motorcycle direct a call(prefer speaking to someone so i know they have got all the details correct) and they came back with a quote of £132, same level of cover, lower compulsory excess, result:bounce1:clap

Just left bennetts as they wanted to increase my premium by 30%. Made me think that they thought just because it was on auto renewal I wouldn't notice.

Got my Bennetts renewal today..last year paid £248 for '15 reg GSA LC TE, this year £419 for same bike but reduced to £355 with a phone call....

Strange, ABI was on moneybox recently proclaiming how clients would see a £60 drop in their motoring policies due to legislation changes relating to whiplash etc.

Guess they must have been talk shite, or perhaps Bennetts are just at it ?
Got my Bennetts renewal today..last year paid £248 for '15 reg GSA LC TE, this year £419 for same bike but reduced to £355 with a phone call....

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Hi

Very interesting that Bennetts are owned by Saga. When I went on their web site for the first time ever an insurance company refused to quote me giving the reason of my age. Clearly discrimination and possible not legal. I complained to them and would you believe they now quote for the age range 16 to 100 but as far as I am concern they can stick their insurance. All this has happen just this month. Thankfully many other insurance companies were more than happy to insure and I finally got full comprehensive at £194 including legal cover plus foreign travel. How can Saga, whom trade on providing services including insurance to the elderly, say in effect you are too old to ride.

Derek

I used Bennetts this year. Not quite the cheapest quote (£141 comp, no vol excess, protected no claims), but once I'd factored in voluntary excess and breakdown cover they were the best.

We'll see what happens next year at renewal time.

Just switched over to them as they came in much cheaper than the Carole Nash renewal.

2 years ago i paid £200 fully comp with 10k mls/year limit, as mentioned above paid £248 last year and they quoted £419 for this renewal, That's an increase of over 100% in 2 years..!!

I rang today to pay the cancellation fee, spoke to a nice lady who waived the fee and us refunding me £1.86 beers on me then

On Bike ins website just been quoted £163.40 fully comp for '15' reg gsa TE by Hastings (premier). Bit different to Bennetts @ £419. Not quite like for like but good quote.

On Bike ins website just been quoted £163.40 fully comp for '15' reg gsa TE by Hastings (premier). Bit different to Bennetts @ £419. Not quite like for like but good quote.

Like wise:

Bennetts last year £196.20 this year £357.08

Hastings Direct Premier £136.48 or less the clothing/helmet cover still with Hastings for £99.56

Old, fat bastard on a 16 plate GS :augie

OP's situation (and others) sounds pretty similar to why I left Bennetts and woudn't even look for a quote from them since or in the future.

Renewal update, Bennetts Fully comp 10k mls limit £419. Hastings Direct Premier £177 (inc small broker fee) for fully comp 10k mls. Didn't mind broker fee for such a large saving..

Just to add to the comments already, I insure R1200RT and Triumph Bonneville (2016 Newchurch) and renewal came in at £740, so as you guessed it I was not too happy, phoned the insurance company I was with a couple of years ago and got the same policy for £320....

I expected insurance policy to go up a bit but not £400 more

Renewal update, Bennetts Fully comp 10k mls limit £419. Hastings Direct Premier £177 (inc small broker fee) for fully comp 10k mls. Didn't mind broker fee for such a large saving..

I bought my Hastings Premier policy on-line through The Bike Insurer :thumb2

No broker fee as such and a £12.50 saving over speaking to a bod on the phone :augie

Back
Top Bottom