Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bennetts - me not happy

Say little, observe all spectator. Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    What has The Bike Insurer quoted?

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Spoke to a helpful lady at AXA, she said their bike insurance is all online and they can`t adjust or change anything. also as the bike is older and worth less is another possible reason

The bike insurer has come up with £152, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    All insurance companies have there negative points....we don’t get to see them until people like the OP bring them up...Bennetts do seem to be getting slagged off a lot recently for being greedy twunts.
    I had hoped the Saga takeover would lead to improvements. Bennetts have had a bad press for a long time. Mind you, I think Saga is no longer the bastion of good customer service it once was since it became a plc listed on the Stock Exchange that has the requirement to maximise profits for shareholders as the primary objective.
    This space deliberately left blank as the author writes too much pretentious bollocks as it is.

in the shit, its only the depth that varies
    Bennetts can go and do one renewal notice dropped on the door mat yesterday.
    Paid £153 last year fully comp, 2008 1200GSA, cheeky cnuts want £272 this year nothings changed except another year without a claim.
    Gave The bike insurer a try and ended up giving Motorcycle direct a call(prefer speaking to someone so i know they have got all the details correct) and they came back with a quote of £132, same level of cover, lower compulsory excess, result

Just left bennetts as they wanted to increase my premium by 30%. Made me think that they thought just because it was on auto renewal I wouldn't notice.

Got my Bennetts renewal today..last year paid £248 for '15 reg GSA LC TE, this year £419 for same bike but reduced to £355 with a phone call....

Strange, ABI was on moneybox recently proclaiming how clients would see a £60 drop in their motoring policies due to legislation changes relating to whiplash etc.

Guess they must have been talk shite, or perhaps Bennetts are just at it ?
    Quote Originally Posted by hairysteve View Post
    Got my Bennetts renewal today..last year paid £248 for '15 reg GSA LC TE, this year £419 for same bike but reduced to £355 with a phone call....
    Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Hi

Very interesting that Bennetts are owned by Saga. When I went on their web site for the first time ever an insurance company refused to quote me giving the reason of my age. Clearly discrimination and possible not legal. I complained to them and would you believe they now quote for the age range 16 to 100 but as far as I am concern they can stick their insurance. All this has happen just this month. Thankfully many other insurance companies were more than happy to insure and I finally got full comprehensive at £194 including legal cover plus foreign travel. How can Saga, whom trade on providing services including insurance to the elderly, say in effect you are too old to ride.

Derek

I used Bennetts this year. Not quite the cheapest quote (£141 comp, no vol excess, protected no claims), but once I'd factored in voluntary excess and breakdown cover they were the best.

We'll see what happens next year at renewal time.

Just switched over to them as they came in much cheaper than the Carole Nash renewal.

2 years ago i paid £200 fully comp with 10k mls/year limit, as mentioned above paid £248 last year and they quoted £419 for this renewal, That's an increase of over 100% in 2 years..!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12