French Alps offroad wander. June 2018

ossa eck

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Im heading off on the 16th June , Me, my campervan and a trail bike.

Destination depends on how much snow there is, hoping to head the length of the French/Italian alps.
Aosta valley,Bardonnechia , Tende etc.
If the alps ain't ridable i will head elsewhere, possibly the Pyrenees.

Looking for recommendations for good parking places,I can be self sufficient ,and small camp sites,with good access to the trails.
Any must do trails?

Cheers Eck

You might have a look at where these guys go.

I'm not suggesting you book a tour but they do seem to cover some great roads and trails.

Just over Col de l’Echelle from Bardonecchia, around Nevache, there seems to be plenty of camping/parking by the river. There were campers parked there when I rode the (very easy, gentle) trail beside the river last year. And on the Italian side there are plenty of campsites around Bardonecchia (if you have the brass neck just to park up in the Campo Smith car park, there’s a steep if short trail at the back) and, again, people seemed to be wild-camping up the valley off the final hairpin when you descend to Bardonecchia. Or you can head up past Rochemolles and stop at the foot of the Sommellier.

You might have a look at where these guys go.

I'm not suggesting you book a tour but they do seem to cover some great roads and trails.

Neither me or my bike are old enough .
Great stuff guys .
Keep it coming.

Alpenroute is on my favourite list.

Interested in more personal observations and recommendations .

Back
Top Bottom