Schuberth E1 vibrating peak

Interesting - I have the same issue and if I remove and apply the blanking disc that (on the right side) comes off randomly - Just Helmets have asked me return for "a service" apparently there is a issue - sorry service required.... keep you posted
Please tell more ref the recall

Interesting - I have the same issue and if I remove and apply the blanking disc that (on the right side) comes off randomly - Just Helmets have asked me return for "a service" apparently there is a issue - sorry service required.... keep you posted

On reading this I’ve sent an email to the supplier to see where that goes

Peak

On the strength of the above post, I sent an email to Helmet City for their comments

Surprisingly, I got a very prompt response and that a new peak will be sent out the next day, so hopefully something will arrive next week

I’ll update when I have it:thumby:

On the strength of the above post, I sent an email to Helmet City for their comments

Surprisingly, I got a very prompt response and that a new peak will be sent out the next day, so hopefully something will arrive next week

I’ll update when I have it:thumby:
I would really like to know more on this

Peak

So the new peak arrived today, as promised.

Surprisingly, the new peak is slightly smaller in size as you can see with one on top of the other.

When fitted, the tip of the new visor rests on the air vent, so hopefully when I do try it on the road, (tomorrow) we'll see how this one performs regarding the buffeting etc.

Attachments

• P1010059.jpg
    P1010059.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 527
  • P1010060.jpg
    P1010060.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 500
So the new peak arrived today, as promised.

Surprisingly, the new peak is slightly smaller in size as you can see with one on top of the other.

When fitted, the tip of the new visor rests on the air vent, so hopefully when I do try it on the road, (tomorrow) we'll see how this one performs regarding the buffeting etc.
Would you concider sending the old one to me ?
As I use a drift ghost camera and my white peak reflects some light I will of cause pay you
Thanks zx9

So what's the verdict - is it worth having or no better than the original version?

So my helmet went to Pete at Just Helmets - it was then serviced by Schuberth and had new visor mechanism - blanking disc now fit very nicely - took them off and put peek on, again fits much better and most of the vibration has gone... so all good and happy now:thumb2

I’m considering a new E1, so do new lids have the modified peak?

So here are a couple of pics of mine. Bought Nov 2017 which I think has the bigger peak by the look of your new one + the peak does not touch sit on the air vent. I don’t get any vibration and run a standard GSA screen and I’m over 6ft 1. I do get some buffeting off the screen but does not affect the peak.

Attachments

• 6C9DE50F-4408-446F-8D5D-8889435A8C97.jpg
    6C9DE50F-4408-446F-8D5D-8889435A8C97.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 437
  • AD0C04A1-68A2-45B3-B58D-79DF3EA82F85.jpg
    AD0C04A1-68A2-45B3-B58D-79DF3EA82F85.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 421
I’m considering a new E1, so do new lids have the modified peak?

Nutty - I am not convinced that the design has been updated recently.

Promoted by this thread I took mine back to Helmet City (who were very helpful indeed).
We unboxed a new lid (still had the security sticker on the box) and compared the peak to mine.
No difference at all - we even got a tape out and measured it.

My E1 is about a year old and I bought it as "last year's graphics" so I would imagine the peak design must have been about for about 2 years; maybe some of the very early lids were different, but probably not anything you'll find in stock nowadays.

FWIW, while I was in Helmet City we compared the E1 to various other peaked lids.
The key difference is it has 2 fixing points for the peak and most of the others have 3.
Non-opening designs don't need to allow the Peak to swivel out the way so they can fix it to the top of the shell as well as the sides.

I experimented by sticking a strip of dense foam on top of the vent so that the back of the peak is firmly supported when the face is shut.
It doesn't stop the peak from rotating out the way when you open the face but it now needs a firmer hand.

This seems to have cured the issue for me and, since the foam is black, you can't even see it.

So I'm happy with mine now it's bodged, I couldn't unreservedly recommend the E1 (at RRP) if the Peak is a major draw for buying.
I'd seriously compare it side by side to the Scorpion ADX-1 and see if the Schuberth is worth the additional cost.

Helmet City stock both and, since their service is exceptional, I'd recommend them for whichever one you choose :aidan

Nutty - I am not convinced that the design has been updated recently.

Promoted by this thread I took mine back to Helmet City (who were very helpful indeed).
We unboxed a new lid (still had the security sticker on the box) and compared the peak to mine.
No difference at all - we even got a tape out and measured it.

My E1 is about a year old and I bought it as "last year's graphics" so I would imagine the peak design must have been about for about 2 years; maybe some of the very early lids were different, but probably not anything you'll find in stock nowadays.

FWIW, while I was in Helmet City we compared the E1 to various other peaked lids.
The key difference is it has 2 fixing points for the peak and most of the others have 3.
Non-opening designs don't need to allow the Peak to swivel out the way so they can fix it to the top of the shell as well as the sides.

I experimented by sticking a strip of dense foam on top of the vent so that the back of the peak is firmly supported when the face is shut.
It doesn't stop the peak from rotating out the way when you open the face but it now needs a firmer hand.

This seems to have cured the issue for me and, since the foam is black, you can't even see it.

So I'm happy with mine now it's bodged, I couldn't unreservedly recommend the E1 (at RRP) if the Peak is a major draw for buying.
I'd seriously compare it side by side to the Scorpion ADX-1 and see if the Schuberth is worth the additional cost.

Helmet City stock both and, since their service is exceptional, I'd recommend them for whichever one you choose :aidan

Good to know, thanks. I'm hoping that Shoei bring out a new Hornet ADV with drop down sunshade one day

Back
Top Bottom