Africa Twin Rear brake pads

Status
Not open for further replies.

adventuredon

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Guys, looking to replace rear pads on the beast. Road use only. Manual says replace caliper pin. Surely not everytime? Loctite and a clean up I reckon. Secondly, anyone running sintered pads or what are you running as Honda want £43 for a rear set of pads.

The DCT chews rear pads, three sets so far and always Honda - tend to last about 6000 miles a set, but I have never changed the pin, just clean and very lightly lube each time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine are nearly finished and on 3000 miles. Why use Honda at twice the price though? Are they organic or sintered?

EBC HH sintered ,have worked well on all the bikes I have fitted them to :thumb2

The DCT chews rear pads .........

As a fellow DCT owner not sure I understand this statement. Why would it chew rear pads? It doesn't apply the brakes itself, and they aren't linked like the BMW, so why would it be heavier on pads than any other bike?

I use my rear brake as a kind of clutch to pull away first thing when the engine not warmed up and a bit lumpy. Other than that, its not used that much.

Not trying to be rude, just interested why you think that.

As a fellow DCT owner not sure I understand this statement. Why would it chew rear pads? It doesn't apply the brakes itself, and they aren't linked like the BMW, so why would it be heavier on pads than any other bike?

I use my rear brake as a kind of clutch to pull away first thing when the engine not warmed up and a bit lumpy. Other than that, its not used that much.

Not trying to be rude, just interested why you think that.

Lots of low speed filtering through lanes of stationary traffic on the A470 each day, no clutch slipping so a combination of rear brake and 2 nd gear keeps me going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom