Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Just renewed

  1. #1
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Chandler's Ford
    Posts
    1,014

    Just renewed

    It's that time again, so on to mcn compare and what a pleasant experience that was.

    No, really!

    R1200GS, garaged, full no claims, comprehensive cover, pillion, Chandler's Ford address.

    Best quote £82.90 with £500 voluntary excess, but no breakdown cover

    Finally paid £131 fully comp. with protected no claims, no voluntary excess, with breakdown and legal cover, £1500 kit cover and no concerns that it's an import. Thank you Bennetts.

    When I hear of some of the London quotes it reinforces why I live in the 'burbs

  2. #2
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Huntingdonshire (Cambridgeshire) & Bedfordshire
    Posts
    16,544
    Quote Originally Posted by bristolsaint View Post
    It's that time again, so on to mcn compare and what a pleasant experience that was.

    No, really!

    R1200GS, garaged, full no claims, comprehensive cover, pillion, Chandler's Ford address.

    Best quote £82.90 with £500 voluntary excess, but no breakdown cover

    Finally paid £131 fully comp. with protected no claims, no voluntary excess, with breakdown and legal cover, £1500 kit cover and no concerns that it's an import. Thank you Bennetts.

    When I hear of some of the London quotes it reinforces why I live in the 'burbs
    What yearly mileage and value did you give them?

  3. #3
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Chandler's Ford
    Posts
    1,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
    What yearly mileage and value did you give them?
    5k miles and £8k value

  4. #4
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    16,995
    Prob a lot cheaper than if you were in Beastly Eastleigh...............
    If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
    Then plug me back in..........

    See if that works .....

  5. #5
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Chandler's Ford
    Posts
    1,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackal View Post
    Prob a lot cheaper than if you were in Beastly Eastleigh...............
    True.

    We're posh in Chandler's Ford, donchaknow

  6. #6
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    2,134
    I take it you had not even a smidgin of a modification

    Thats what they offered me for my 06 hex 250 excess

    Untill i mentioned aftermarket brake levers and they ran for the hills ---

    £380

  7. #7
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Naas, Ireland
    Posts
    3,417
    Quote Originally Posted by bristolsaint View Post
    True.

    We're posh in Chandler's Ford, donchaknow
    Spent many's the night in Chandler's Ford.

    I was a Sales Rep for Draper Tools in Ireland, many moons ago.

    Sent from a U11

  8. #8
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Chandler's Ford
    Posts
    1,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa-2512 View Post
    I take it you had not even a smidgin of a modification

    Thats what they offered me for my 06 hex 250 excess

    Untill i mentioned aftermarket brake levers and they ran for the hills ---

    £380
    Do foam grips count?

  9. #9
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Chandler's Ford
    Posts
    1,014
    Quote Originally Posted by younger06 View Post
    Spent many's the night in Chandler's Ford.

    I was a Sales Rep for Draper Tools in Ireland, many moons ago.

    Sent from a U11
    Rumour has it Draper are on the move and a new housing estate is coming. No idea where Draper are planning to move to.

  10. #10
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Naas, Ireland
    Posts
    3,417
    If that's the case, I'd say it was a huge property deal..........they own the premises and they house and grounds to the house on the left hand side of the building.
    Family owned, lock, stock and barrel.

    And it is a fairly upmarket area.

    (well, it was 20 years ago)
    Quote Originally Posted by bristolsaint View Post
    Rumour has it Draper are on the move and a new housing estate is coming. No idea where Draper are planning to move to.
    Sent from a U11

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Anyone attending a Ride Out or Event organised through the UKGSer Forums does so at their own risk.
UKGSer.com or anyone organising an event posted here will not be held responsible in any way for damage or personal injury sustained while attending any such events.

Members attending any such event do so at their own risk.

The text, images, graphics, sound files, animation files, video files, and their arrangement on this Website are all subject to copyright and other intellectual property protection. These objects may not be copied for commercial use or distribution, nor may these objects be modified or reposted to other sites without prior written permission.

Disclaimer: Use or depiction of the BMW logo or trademark throughout this web site is for illustrative and editorial purposes only, and to the benefit of the trademark owner, with no intention of infringement of the trademark.

The UKGSer Forums may include adult content for which it cannot be held responsible. Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of the UKGSER network privacy policy

"Its about being a grown up hooligan - and if that means a dark visor, remus open pipe and a bit of speeding out of town then all well and good"