Headlight Bulb

dr nosh

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
2013 1200 RT Twin Cam.

Just replaced r/h headlight bulb. What a complete PITA. :mad:

Removed r/h fairing panel, made and used a holder made from short length of stiff wire with terminal crimped on each end in order to hold/turn/twist/push/locate bulb correctly. Still a PITA though.

(Micro annoyed rant over).

2013 1200 RT Twin Cam.

Just replaced r/h headlight bulb. What a complete PITA. :mad:

Removed r/h fairing panel, made and used a holder made from short length of stiff wire with terminal crimped on each end in order to hold/turn/twist/push/locate bulb correctly. Still a PITA though.

(Micro annoyed rant over).

Correct tool - try from below next time (use feel vs sight) ... no real easy way (but it does get easier with practice !)

Just did both bulbs, left hand bulb done in 2 mins. Right hand took me a good 20 which was filled with cursing the German gods. Managed to get it done, my problem was that the metal clips don't stay up so they just get in the way and that the bulb didn't stay put once in the correct position without me holding it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Agree, L/H is much easier.

Spring clip does get in the way.

I'm using Philips X-treme Vision, supposedly giving +130 % brightness over standard H7.

Label on package states life 450 hours. I would dispute that.

Get them from Eurocar Parts £22.49 pair.

Sounds similar to the Pan European, hand up by the forks and feel your way round :D

Back
Top Bottom