The new steed

busy builder

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
After 3 years and nearly 20,000 miles on the BMW RT LC, I've been to France 3 times and around the UK a few times too. The RT is without a doubt the best tourer on the market, mine had every possible extra even radio, and I loved the quick shifter too. It handles very well, and shifts for a large lump, if anyone is looking for a tourer then try one.

But, I've decided to give up long distance rides now we have a Hymer.

Welcome to the new steed, still a boxer twin, but decided I needed a bike with fewer gizmo's on it, where the RT had electronic adjustable everything, this has err, a pre load turny thing on the rear shock, and an Akrapovic titanium exhaust. That's it, and is about 60kg lighter too.

The Nine T is a Sport with 8 Ball paint job, I had a lovely ride back from Glasgow up the west coast, and picture is by Buachaille Etive Mòr at the start of Glencoe.

Good thing is I feel like I'm doing 90mph on it till I look at the speedo which says 70 !! that's what not having a huge fairing on the front does for you. So that should slow me down a bit. The only thing I don't like is the plank for a seat, but I managed 190 mile ride home without too many stops.

Attachments

• R Ninety 3.jpg
    R Ninety 3.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 451
  • R Nine T 4.jpg
    R Nine T 4.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 454
Pack a tank bag and a credit card and it'll still tour, Andrew. Better on roads up by right enough. Enjoy. :thumb

Very very nice... will be going that way too, eventually:D

Nice bike.I would get tubeless rims though because getting a flat with a tubed wheel and no centerstand is the end of any trip...:(
It also makes the bike much quicker steering with lighter wheels/no tubes !

Nice bike.I would get tubeless rims though because getting a flat with a tubed wheel and no centerstand is the end of any trip...:(
It also makes the bike much quicker steering with lighter wheels/no tubes !

I'm having that thought too and am looking into seeing if a TC GS/A rear wheel is built the same as the R Nine T.
For the front it'd either be a cast (I like the spokes) or a very expensive Kineo or equivalent.

After 3 years and nearly 20,000 miles on the BMW RT LC, I've been to France 3 times and around the UK a few times too. The RT is without a doubt the best tourer on the market, mine had every possible extra even radio, and I loved the quick shifter too. It handles very well, and shifts for a large lump, if anyone is looking for a tourer then try one.

But, I've decided to give up long distance rides now we have a Hymer.

Welcome to the new steed, still a boxer twin, but decided I needed a bike with fewer gizmo's on it, where the RT had electronic adjustable everything, this has err, a pre load turny thing on the rear shock, and an Akrapovic titanium exhaust. That's it, and is about 60kg lighter too.

The Nine T is a Sport with 8 Ball paint job, I had a lovely ride back from Glasgow up the west coast, and picture is by Buachaille Etive Mòr at the start of Glencoe.

Good thing is I feel like I'm doing 90mph on it till I look at the speedo which says 70 !! that's what not having a huge fairing on the front does for you. So that should slow me down a bit. The only thing I don't like is the plank for a seat, but I managed 190 mile ride home without too many stops.

Apparently, Dalkeith Motorrad can now do a "Hilltop" job but as they've no dyno you wouldn't see the before and after graphs.

The TC tubeless spoke rear wheel will fit but what about the 19 inch front ?
You are better off getting R1200R aircooled cast wheels.
Kineos are expensive and to be honest they look weird...
Too bad the R Nine T Pure/Racer cast wheels don't fit on the original 2014-16 R Nine T because of the smaller ABS ring...

Back
Top Bottom