2004 Road king

big fella

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looking for a bit of advice on this. I’ve been looking at a 2004 Roadking with roughly 12500 miles. I think it’s the 1450 fit model. It’s been sat since 2008 and lot of the chrome is pitted. This I’m not too concerned with. Powder coating may be the solution for this. The battery is buggered but when I connected a good battery up, she started straight away. I’m thinking oil change and new filter, new brake fluid. Is there anything else that I should consider?
Bf

Would say drain the fuel.
Put fresh in.
Check fuel tank for internal rust if metal.
Also a bit of carb/injector cleaner and new spark plugs.

Spokes or cast wheels? The spoked wheels can rust from the inside? Tubes will be fitted - so hold air ok!!

Also three oils - engine/gearbox/transmission..

That year is also known for cam chain tension or problems..will need checking by 20k to be fair.

Thanks for the quick replies. Spoked Wheels. Could they be fooked. Tires aren’t cracked. Didn’t realize there were 3 oils��

Here is a general guide........https://www.legacyhd.com/see-what-our-regular-service-includes--checklist

The bike should come with a manual, which incorporates the service record/history. Try to avoid the temptation to run it until all the fluids have been changed, maybe flush the engine first & change the oil again in short order. Is the fuel tank clean? Tyres are probably cracking up. Then, the only problem you are likely to face is the cam chain tensioner which can wear prematurely, at 25/30k. The shifter rod is best replaced with a rose jointed version, but that can come later when dealing with aesthetics.

Finally, do you know why the bike was laid up? Was there an issue or is this lost in time.

The only way to tell is to take the tyres off sadly - give you a start buy having a good old look at the spokes/wheel connections - and make a judgement...

Also look at the Belt, if possible get it jacked so you can spin the wheel and check for damage... also look at the edge of the belt for cracks in the “valleys” so to speak.. big old Job if the belt is fucked.

And you will have a very sorted Road King...

The bike was owned by a lady, well a female anyway. She put it away after she got a new garage built. The following year she wasn’t strong enough to handle it. She has 3 bikes all going for sale. She was meticulous with their maintenance when she was riding them.
Bf

The bike was owned by a lady, well a female anyway. She put it away after she got a new garage built. The following year she wasn’t strong enough to handle it. She has 3 bikes all going for sale. She was meticulous with their maintenance when she was riding them.
Bf

Does she have nice tits ?

Jolene.

Rolling project

The offending machine.

Attachments

• 29E83A7F-F569-44AD-B823-08EB92D758A6.jpg
    29E83A7F-F569-44AD-B823-08EB92D758A6.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 524
  • AECE227B-281E-45BE-939B-E7C9CDD8923A.jpg
    AECE227B-281E-45BE-939B-E7C9CDD8923A.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 515
  • 526EB27C-06FE-4166-840E-7E2202E05FA7.jpg
    526EB27C-06FE-4166-840E-7E2202E05FA7.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 510
The big question..??.

How much?

Lot of work there ...

€500 more like it......reckon that bikes in the Republic.....

A word to the wise; last year I bought a 2007 Street Bob that had been sitting since 2010 and was in much better condition than your pictures indicate, considerable £££'s have been spent getting it to the condition it is now, so that bike needs to be really cheap.

A word to the wise; last year I bought a 2007 Street Bob that had been sitting since 2010 and was in much better condition than your pictures indicate, considerable £££'s have been spent getting it to the condition it is now, so that bike needs to be really cheap.

Also the cost of your Street Bob includes the amount of home made fucking pizza you made and scoffed plus booze whilst thinking about what to fucking fix .
I bet you spent more on thinking materials than actual motorbike materials.

Delores.

Back
Top Bottom