• I Preemptively Use A HD Inner Tube

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Preemptively Use A HD Inner Tube In My Tubeless

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PhaedrusMC

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
If it seems too good to be true, it probably is...

I took more than 10 minutes to enter poll options... Had to start again.

Who uses sealants? Are they the best thing since sliced bread? Unless I try for myself, there's only innernet reports to go on, and the innernet says everything from "I wouldn't ride without sealant in my tyres" to "sealant ruined my marriage".

But of course a Tosser can be trusted - he's not your typical innernet troll prone to spouting shite about stuff he knows nothing about... :augie

I'm thinking more here about when you're away on awesome adventures rather than heading out for a local spin.

Never had a Pumpture...............:green gri

My mate Nicky used to get them all the time on his bicycle. He pezumed it was bad luck, but we figured out it was the rim tape - I had pacifically told him to check it but he never did.

It does have all the ingredients of a good’un that’s for sure

I use PunctureSafe (new name for Wellseal). It stopped a leak caused by an M6 bolt and when I took tyre for permanent repair, the tyre tech asked why I was bothering.

If the hole is too big for the goo to stop at least it slows the rate of deflation.

Eye dont eusuelly repli too threds lyke thus, bat

I go downhill biking twice most weekends, and on my last 7 outings, I have had a puncture (don't suppose you will know what that is!) on every occasion. Going tubeless + foam insert this week.
Myke

I go downhill biking twice most weekends, and on my last 7 outings, I have had a puncture (don't suppose you will know what that is!) on every occasion. Going tubeless + foam insert this week.
Myke

I have been tubeless for many years (mtb) and am tubeless on the road too. The only arse ache is a small tear from something like a piece of flint. Still carry spare tubes and had to use one last week for the first time in donkey's .... :thumb2

I asked my mechanic's opinion on Goop, etc.

He says while they work, there's stuff in them that can corrode the inside of the rim.

Good enough for me - pumpture repair kit and 12V pump packed anyway...

Back
Top Bottom