Order your Niken here

Very positive review in Bike mag this month, three blokes (TT racer, advanced rider bod and Bike journo) pretty much slagging it off before riding it, then raving about how brilliant it is afterwards.

Very positive review in Bike mag this month, three blokes (TT racer, advanced rider bod and Bike journo) pretty much slagging it off before riding it, then raving about how brilliant it is afterwards.

Seemed more like a bit of over enthusiastic journo speak IMHO. Do me a favour - 8/10 for this interesting yet impractical beastie didn't seem balanced/objective.

We got the same kind of reaction when Morgan launched their retro trike. Once the fun factor faded, time allowed the realities of ownership to sink in.

Brmm brmm

caeb1539fcf4c33a4b59b5a1beea49f1.jpg

4c156d2f9e59870771ab012c0dee47f8.jpg

How many are registered OTR , with VED paid in the UK (ie not trade plate demos) .................... https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/yamaha_niken

Precisely 2 up to 31/12/2018. Maybe a few more when the next quarter figures are in. Yamaha need to convert those who say they like it, into hard sales PDQ or the Niken will exceed their previous sales disaster stats.

And, before you think of posting any 'incoming' suggesting bias, I am currently a perfectly content owner of an FJR13 ES & a Super10 ES amongst others.

How many are registered OTR , with VED paid in the UK (ie not trade plate demos) .................... https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/yamaha_niken

Precisely 2 up to 31/12/2018. Maybe a few more when the next quarter figures are in. Yamaha need to convert those who say they like it, into hard sales PDQ or the Niken will exceed their previous sales disaster stats.

And, before you think of posting any 'incoming' suggesting bias, I am currently a perfectly content owner of an FJR13 ES & a Super10 ES amongst others.

2? Oh dear. :blast

I’m betting they sell well on the continent....Britain is a virtual backwater for anything that bit different (and expensive).

It is big and fekin wide and tall - taller than a GS.

You seem to sit arse high and leaning forward to grasp the big wide bars

For me it was too tall, coupled with the wide forward stance, meant stopping at a junction would have been a real risk of dropping it.

Didnt stop the dealer trying to get me out on it though!!

All he kept saying was , they dow a low seat ....

Well go and get one then and i'll take it out ..... guess what, no seat!

It's still in the showroom afaik :eek:

I still think that they messed up with these- they were trying to pitch them to a sports bike riders who were never going to go for them- could you seriously imagine one on the track (I know most sports bikes don't go on the track either but at least their owners have "the dream") However with a bit of styling redesign I do think that they would have made a very good tourer, especially with our pot holed roads, as they are smooth to ride.

:

Is not, it’s shorter, narrower and lower than a 2016 GS. Fact.
The seat is massive and wide. I haven’t ridden such a comfortable bike since my RT with Sargent seats. Hence your problem reaching the ground. I had no problems with the ergonomics over 150 miles.
The ride and handling for a 265kg bike it’s amazing. Nothing unsettled the bike. The engine has plenty of low down torque, the gearbox is smooth and clutch is light.
Screen is crap and the lcd display is a weak point. You have to scroll the menu to turn on the heated grips? Weird. Panniers are soft case, but you can have a 50l top case. I got only 41mpg:eek::eek:
If you filter on the GS you can on this bike too. It’s well planted in the wet, according to reviews.
Would I get one? I am thinking...:thumb

Attachments

• 6D3F1BEB-8C68-431A-A644-D8E79B9706E3.jpg
    6D3F1BEB-8C68-431A-A644-D8E79B9706E3.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 353
  • 8021EEAB-8412-4CFC-A147-03E6DFEB59E8.jpeg
    8021EEAB-8412-4CFC-A147-03E6DFEB59E8.jpeg
    171.2 KB · Views: 331
We saw one in France - my wife ( not normally noted for her interest in motorcycles.).said “ what the fuck is that”

Back
Top Bottom