Thread: Potes - hotel recommendation 7th June?

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Potes - hotel recommendation 7th June?

Hi,

We should arrive in Santander at 1100h 7th June (from Cork) and plan to spin up to Potes that afternoon.

Does anyone know a good hotel there (Potes, not Cork!) - very subjective I know.

Somewhere with nearby parking, nearby restaurants, big enough rooms for two bikers to share?

Would like to book same place again for following Wed with ride to ferry Thu, dep. 1630h.

Thanks,

Bin
    Climate is what you hope for, weather is what you get!

About 10 kms further up the road from Potes, towards Fuente De ( the mountain top with cable car up to the top) is the wonderful Hotel del Oso, at
    Cosgaya, Cantabria, Spain. fantastic place fantastic food, ideal for a lithe young man like yourself. safe trip, let us know how the ferry goes, will be on it in September.
    https://cantur.com/instalaciones/5-t...o-de-fuente-de

Hi Con, that looks just the job. I have written to them, now waiting their feedback. Thanks!
    Climate is what you hope for, weather is what you get!

Hotel del Oso. Excellent!

I’ve booked the Hotel Infantado just outside Potes for two nights, looks ideal and the reviews seem fine and the price is very reasonable.
    I’ve just been on bookings and it appears they have double rooms available for the middle of June for £45 per night.

http://www.hotelinfantado.com/

Been to potes 5 times now and always stop at hotel valdecoro, it’s reasonably priced clean and 5 mins walk from the centre of town. Plus you can park your bikes either at the side of the hotel or in the yard at the back.

Hotel Del Oso gets my vote and patronage
    Edited because I cannot type

We’ve stayed there and it was excellent. The St Bernard’s stink a little though.

Rambler Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Hotel Del Oso is lovely and rightly recommended

For something a little more modest, Pena Sagre is about a five minute walk from the centre of Potes, and very good value. Parking is no problem.
    It has a rustic locals bar and the restaurant is decent. Lordy Lordy, I can almost smell the lamb chops..

Hotel del Oso is expensive, I've often stayed in a small, cheap place right next to the bridge in the middle of Potes where you can watch the world go by.
    KEA

Infantado is great and make time for the area.

If your just using it as a one night base to run from and to the ferry at Santander then you won’t go wrong with La Pisa, John and Gwen are great hosts and will provide a decent meal whatever time you arrive.

We have stayed there a couple of times and wouldn’t look anywhere else for a stopover on the way somewhere, the only downside is that it’s a bit remote but they do have good food, a bar, worry free parking and a lovely house. (The parking isn’t secure as such but they are remote enough)

https://www.lapisa.co.uk
    R1200GS Triple black! Lovely
    R1200C Montauk -lovely

Hotel Oso gets my vote. Great food and nice people

If you're looking to stay at the (very good) Hotel del Oso, book it with the ferry - it's one of the Brittany Ferries partner hotels; a top tip from elsewhere on the site was that you get a discount if you book three nights' stays with these hotels (there's a list on the BF website).

But I also stay in the Valdecoro as it's comfortable, clean, cheaper, with out-of-sight parking in the yard at the back (down a steep ramp, it must be said) and it's handy for walking into town.