F800GSA Help

Richie B

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi , Ive just bought myself a F800GSA (previously had R1200GS) I'm after a bit of knowledge on the bike,
Is there a Garmin socket fitted ? if so where is it ?

Where is the best place to take a live feed from for auxiliary's ie autocoms etc

cheers Richie

There is a BMW canbus connection aft of the battery which is where I took the power for my tomtom from. It will have a cap on it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

There is a BMW canbus connection aft of the battery which is where I took the power for my tomtom from. It will have a cap on it.

Do you need a socket to fit into it ? cheers

Yeh you can get them from nippynormans and then just splice it to your sat nav socket.

You need to remove the flat panel that sits on top of the tank between the key and the seat. Please note there are some small screws either side of the headstock that holds the key surround in. The white female socket should now be visible.

If you are unlucky like me the previous owner removed mine so I had to run a lead direct from the battery.

Lastly forgive me if you know this, but if you disconnect the battery for any reason the dear old service light will come on meaning you either need a GS911 to reset or a trip to the dealers.

Steve

:aidan

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180520-212250.jpg
    Screenshot_20180520-212250.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 316
Thanks for all the info, does anyone know if you can splice additional devices into the same socket or will it only take one ? cheers

I've only ever ran a sat nav off it on my 650GS's / 700GS.
As I feared it would shut down like the Din / auxiliary plug on the bike through to many amps.
But like folk find when they plug in a electric tyre pum via auxiliary plug on bike.

So I have a extra Din plug wired direct to battery in case I need a tyre pump or to charge my Scala headset / phone with ignition switched off..

I’ve just fitted my old Zumo to my F800GS and the plug socket was clipped to the top of the battery under the front ‘tank’ panel, it’s not immediately obvious as has a black plastic cover on it that you need to pull off the end.

Dead easy to fit

Lastly forgive me if you know this, but if you disconnect the battery for any reason the dear old service light will come on meaning you either need a GS911 to reset or a trip to the dealers.

Steve

I've disconnected all my 650GS's / 700GS twins or changed batteries on them & never had the service light come on.
I have GS911 but never had to use until the mileage or time was up for a service.

I've disconnected all my 650GS's / 700GS twins or changed batteries on them & never had the service light come on.
I have GS911 but never had to use until the mileage or time was up for a service.

Ash that’s because you have a GS911 so your bike is afraid of you ������

See old thread here , mines an 08 so it probably only aflicts older models.
https://ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/248566-Battery-Disconnection-on-F800gs

Steve

Back
Top Bottom