Troubles have gone!

King Rat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well, it is a couple of weeks now and I have put over 3000 miles on the little bike since it went to the garage in Long Eaton and was plugged in. She has run sweet and smooth the whole time since. There is a bit of a rumble coming in now when I ride, especially at slower speeds. That is probably because I can't hear it going faster through the wind filtering through my ill-fitting open face 'piss pot'. :D Also at slow speed there is a bit of a weave creeping in. I probably ought to to put some air in the tyres and, ultimately, change them out for ones that have some tread in the middle! I will, when I have the money to buy new ones. Until then, these will just have to do. :aidan

Well, it is a couple of weeks now and I have put over 3000 miles on the little bike since it went to the garage in Long Eaton and was plugged in. She has run sweet and smooth the whole time since. There is a bit of a rumble coming in now when I ride, especially at slower speeds. That is probably because I can't hear it going faster through the wind filtering through my ill-fitting open face 'piss pot'. :D Also at slow speed there is a bit of a weave creeping in. I probably ought to to put some air in the tyres and, ultimately, change them out for ones that have some tread in the middle! I will, when I have the money to buy new ones. Until then, these will just have to do. :aidan

The rumble, it turns out, was the tyres - I put TKC80s on my other one and that is worse! I have never had tyre rumble before, only having had road tyres (Tourances for the last 14 or 15 years) and so it never occured to me that was what it could be and the weave is on the brand new TKCs too, going from one block tread to the other I suppose...weird, I am not a fan of nobblies now!

Back
Top Bottom