1290 GT Pillion Comfort?

jp842

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I test rode the GT last week and absolutely loved it.. However, as I go continental touring a lot with the Mrs on the back, I'm unsure wether it's a true two-up tourer, capable of keeping her happy for two weeks.
Have any of you guys have views on this? If I was buying just for me, I would have one in a heartbeat. I currently run a K1600gt.

I test rode the GT last week and absolutely loved it.. However, as I go continental touring a lot with the Mrs on the back, I'm unsure wether it's a true two-up tourer, capable of keeping her happy for two weeks.
Have any of you guys have views on this? If I was buying just for me, I would have one in a heartbeat. I currently run a K1600gt.

The Mrs says the seat is comfier than my old GSA LC. However, more cramped seating position got a bit achey after a day on the back. This could be in part due to lack of top box, so having to sit forward a bit and support her own weight rather than leaning back (and falling asleep) as she did on the GSA.

FWIW.

I test rode one with swmbo on the back... she moaned like a moany person. Then tast rode the GSA ... loved it. We came from a K1600SE.... just sayin, like. ;)

Mrs B has steadfastly refused to go on the back of mine so I can’t comment on comfort while on the move but the standard seats are a bit like planks so it might be worth asking the dealer if they’ve got any of the comfort seats they’d fit before you take her out on one.

the standard seats are a bit like planks so it might be worth asking the dealer if they’ve got any of the comfort seats they’d fit before you take her out on one.

Good point. My comments are based on the comfort seat option on mine :thumb

Mrs B has steadfastly refused to go on the back of mine so I can’t comment on comfort while on the move but the standard seats are a bit like planks so it might be worth asking the dealer if they’ve got any of the comfort seats they’d fit before you take her out on one.

Are the comfort seats the same as the ergo seats with heating?

I’ve no idea whether the comfort seats are the same as the ergo seats but with added heating but they’re certainly an impressive on the standard items.

Back
Top Bottom