TAT 2018 on a GS Rallye

Pacific

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’m in the final stages of prep for a Trans Am Trail trip which starts 4th June.

I’ll try to post updates here as we go.

Here’s the first instalment.

Cheers

Mark

Get used that Rallye lying down......I did it on an 1100 some years ago and it very nearly broke me :eek:

Seriously, it's an epic ride and you'll find it tough in places on the 1200 but you'll manage it as long as you take your time. Just for info, there are road routes around if it gets impossible and I always tell people that discretion is the better part of valour on a long trip.

You'll be wet in Tennessee and Mississippi, hot and dusty in Oklahoma, scaling rock strewn peaks in Colorado, blown away by the stunning landscapes in Utah, boiled in Nevada and releived to finish in Oregon :thumb

Looking forward to following the trip.

Have a fantastic trip. I'm planning on doing the TAT too so will follow this with much interest.

Brought tears to my eyes just seeing that new bike on its side, this will be an epic movie....................:friday:bow:bow:bow:bow

95% of the TAT is easy riding and I've no doubt you'll piss the other 5% (relatively), have a ball it's a great eye opener to a wonderful country :)

Enjoy the trip, I'll be interested to watch it all unfold. Best of luck

The TAT

I'll be watching, as much detail as possible please.

Have a great trip.

Regards

Andy9

Good luck with the trip.

Will also be watching with interest, although your braver/clever than me doing it on a 1200 :bow

Get used that Rallye lying down......I did it on an 1100 some years ago and it very nearly broke me :eek:

Seriously, it's an epic ride and you'll find it tough in places on the 1200 but you'll manage it as long as you take your time. Just for info, there are road routes around if it gets impossible and I always tell people that discretion is the better part of valour on a long trip.

You'll be wet in Tennessee and Mississippi, hot and dusty in Oklahoma, scaling rock strewn peaks in Colorado, blown away by the stunning landscapes in Utah, boiled in Nevada and releived to finish in Oregon :thumb

Looking forward to following the trip.

95% of the TAT is easy riding and I've no doubt you'll piss the other 5% (relatively), have a ball it's a great eye opener to a wonderful country :)

Not quite sure about the percentages but Tim’s a much better Rider than me! Had a great time on a 600 Yam but wouldn’t want to pick up a 1200 nowadays!

Enjoy it will be great.. And try and ride the Whiterim trail in Moab which is an epic day of riding :beerjug:

Piece of piss for a man of you calibre

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm not jealous of this trip at all. not one little bit. feck it. who am i kidding :D

enjoy the ride, just go careful riding Eagle canyon, and the dried out river bed has some interesting soft bits on the corners.:aidan

Back
Top Bottom