Stopping in Grenoble

F8GS

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi

Can anyone recommend a nice hotel in Grenoble with good secure parking for 2 bikes? Looking at staying in the city for a couple of nights.

Thanks in advance.

Hi

Can anyone recommend a nice hotel in Grenoble with good secure parking for 2 bikes? Looking at staying in the city for a couple of nights.

Thanks in advance.

Stayed at Hotel Suisse et Bordeaux
6 Place De La Gare
Grenoble, 38000, France

They had a secure garage and it was quite central .Would use it again

Website here or book via Booking.com

Great thanks will check it out. Chance to use those bags you sold me.

A small group of us stayed in Hotel Gallia for 3 nights last summer https://www.hotel-gallia.com/fr/

Private garages opposite. No food in the evening and only vending machines for coffee or beer. This is reflected in the price but we were happy to stay there as the rooms were air conditioned and perfectly acceptable. With a city centre location everything is on hand from a nearby supermarket to loads of eateries. Tram stop nearby and just 2 stops into the old part of the city which has some great squares and lots to see.

They were quite happy for you to buy stuff in the supermarket and sit in the lounge drinking/snacking whilst waiting for the inevitable stragglers to turn up before you went out for dinner.

Grenoble is one of the Crit Air "emissions" cities so get a sticker for your bike. The advantage is that they usually make the trams free after 6pm to encourage you to use them.

Some great ride outs from this base - I did the Vercors National Park including Col du Rousset on one day then a loop over Col du Galibier and back via Col de la Croix de la Fer on another day. Others spent 2 days exploring Grenoble.

It should be noted crit' air does not apply at weekends, holidays and between 8pm and 8am .

Stayed in Greenoble last year.
Hotel had no secure parking so won't mention it.

It is a nice city and surrounded by great roads .

Stayed in Greenoble last year.
Hotel had no secure parking so won't mention it.

It is a nice city and surrounded by great roads .

So, tell the world the hotel. You never know, there may just be some brave or foolhardy souls (depending on views) who might want to stay in a nice city, surrounded by great roads and be prepared to chance it.

I’ve stayed in the Ibis Grenoble Centre Bastille

It has secure underground parking and it’s bang in the middle of the old town and the shopping area so you can walk for visiting and restaurants etc and leave your gear at the hotel

https://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-0612-ibis-grenoble-centre-bastille/index.shtml

For info, not far from Grenoble is the Musée de la révolution française, it’s mainly large paintings of the revolution but it’s pretty interesting even if you’re not an art lover

http://www.domaine-vizille.fr

Ibis Budget at Seyssins in Grenoble Sud. Cheap, en suite, clean, good value, secure closed compound parking. Never had any trouble. Good value eats not far away. Central Grenoble traffic v heavy.

I’ve stayed in the Ibis Grenoble Centre Bastille

It has secure underground parking and it’s bang in the middle of the old town and the shopping area so you can walk for visiting and restaurants etc and leave your gear at the hotel

https://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-0612-ibis-grenoble-centre-bastille/index.shtml

Quite right but, I will never stay there again. The place is run down and not so clean when we stayed over in 2016. Great location for a hotel though.

All I can add is that there is big Carrefour supermarket with fuel pumps off the E711 in Saint-Egreve north of Grenoble. Easy to get to from the centre of Grenoble.

Quite right but, I will never stay there again. The place is run down and not so clean when we stayed over in 2016. Great location for a hotel though.

All I can add is that there is big Carrefour supermarket with fuel pumps off the E711 in Saint-Egreve north of Grenoble. Easy to get to from the centre of Grenoble.

I was there in January this year it seemed fine, maybe it’s been renovated or changed hands since you stayed there

Of course it’s an ibis, they’re generic and have no charm but they are functional and clean as a rule, I tend to use them when stopping in cities as traditional hotels tend to be expensive and dilapidated

Back
Top Bottom