SANEF tag

GADGET

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just ordered a Sanif tag,

Anyone using one currently, whats the score with being scanned as a class 5 and not class 1 or do you have to go through a 'manned booth' and if there isn't a manned booth and you get charged other than class 5, can the charge be amended?

Last edited by a moderator:

Anyone using one currently, whats the score with being scanned as a class 5 and not class 1 or do you have to go through a 'manned booth' and if there isn't a manned booth and you get charged other than class 5, can the charge be amended?
Manned booth? You'll be lucky - haven't seen one for years.

I don't use autoroutes on my bike, but AFAIK your bike is detected as such when you pole up at the booth.

Used one for the first time the year before last, worked a treat. No problems with scanning as a class 5, just used the automatic drive through booths. Just slow down to a walking pace though. Only didn't work one time when I had to 'paddle' backwards and into the next booth which worked straight away so I suspect it may have been a faulty booth. I keep it in a top, front pocket in a zip-top bag as it isn't waterproof and also make sure it's facing the right way around. All in all very good, no faffing around for change, dropping your gloves etc, I'd definitely recommend one.
PS. I haven't needed to, but yes, the charge can be amended. I believe you just log into your account, where you can check all charges, and apply for an amendment there. You can also use the same tag in your car, and you are also allowed to lend to friends and family to use if you wish, though obviously the charges will come back to you for you to sort out with them.

I've used one for the past three years no problem.
It's best to head for the high booths for greater head room.
My battery is still OK for use (check it online on their website).

As had been said many times,just go through a booth with no height limit.

I used the autoroute last month on Tmax and every single scan recognised me as a Class 5.
If not, when you get an email saying your bill is ready,just check it and any Class 1s can be altered by filing an online adjustment claim which takes minutes.

They recommend you go through the trucker channel when using the Tag on a motorbike.
Have found if you slow to walking pace you can get through without putting your feet down.

As said, go through any booth that doesn’t have the height limit bar,

The lanes with the height limit are marked as “reserved” and have a no motorcycles symbol and will always charge you as class 1

I use the 30km lanes when there is one

I have never been charged the wrong class yet, I use my tag on my bikes and in the car

Great, so general consensus is use the ‘trucker’ lane whilst on a bike and obviously car lane if in a car, my first use will be in my car next month, bike in July, but of course will avoid motorway like the plague whenever possible��

Some autoroutes now have specific Motorcycle lanes, rule of thumb keep as far to the right as you can, lanes to avoid in picture below, but you will now also start seeing some motorbike lanes, being rolled out, the pic below saying RESERVE with red and white height barrier, is to be avoided at all times.

Some autoroutes now have specific Motorcycle lanes, rule of thumb keep as far to the right as you can, lanes to avoid in picture below, but you will now also start seeing some motorbike lanes, being rolled out, the pic below saying RESERVE with red and white height barrier, is to be avoided at all times.

Cool - I never saw one of those before.

Mine worked fine, no probs with class 5. Using it in the car 2 weeks ago we had to hold it outside the car for it to work. Replacement arrived today, yet to b tested.

The height limited lane in the first picture has a motorcycle sign on it - might make some of us foreign folk think it is for motorcycles, rather than excluding them.

The Tag looks good in theory, but for the couple of days a year I use the French Motorways it is probably not cost effective, we now have the payment by card off to a fine art.

The height limited lane in the first picture has a motorcycle sign on it - might make some of us foreign folk think it is for motorcycles, rather than excluding them.

The Tag looks good in theory, but for the couple of days a year I use the French Motorways it is probably not cost effective, we now have the payment by card off to a fine art.

Pay with card, your bank charges you a fee for each transaction - could be several each day.
Pay with tag you only get charged once a month when you pay the bill.

I put this in the 'spotted a deal' section a couple of years, just checked and it looks to be still valid.
If you apply via the Eurotunnel website you can apply for free and get reduced yearly fee from the 2nd year onwards.

https://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/traveller-info/sanef-tolling/

Hth
2c38b703e46b8b302df3ea81b17834a8.jpg

You’re not being serious?
I’m presuming (hoping) you don’t have a vehicle licence of any sort.

Back
Top Bottom