Basecamp 4.7.0

Jacal

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just updated the Basecamp software to this latest version and the Google Earth view option as disappeared. Can anyone shed any light :thumb2

Interesting. BaseCamp on the Garmin website is only version 4.6.2. From where did you get the update?
Sorry can't help with the GE view option.

Different devices update at different dates / editions.

Google Earth is missing.

Lots of forum comment on it.

Blame Google, blame Garmin, blame the Pope.

4.7 is OSX (Cardigan wearing lunatics) 4.6.2 is Windows

Curse that pope bloke.

Is it possible to revert back to 4.6.2?

I do use the Google Earth link regularly but frustratingly, updated before I realised it was removing the link - I know you can export a route to Google Earth and then view it but its a relatively convoluted process if used a lot.

Good question skellum, t'was nice to be able to see your route with just a click....Maybe the update is to push subscriptions for "Birds Eye" or whatever they call it.

Is this as a result of the need to comply with GDPR....?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-05-29 12.48.05.png
    Screenshot 2018-05-29 12.48.05.png
    78.4 KB · Views: 465
fIX

Found a way round the update , have downloaded the previous version Basecamp_462 and have the google earth working again ( back in the view tab) .
Had to back up all basecamp before then remove the current version and run the old one.

Found a way round the update , have downloaded the previous version Basecamp_462 and have the google earth working again ( back in the view tab) .
Had to back up all basecamp before then remove the current version and run the old one.

No luck for me I am afraid (on Mac) I backed up, removed new version and then tried both 462 and 463 without success - just tells me cannot open Google Earth...

Back
Top Bottom